does anyone have this rattle/loose piece

Does your car still have waranty, take it in to the dealer. I had a rattle noise in mine, told my dealer about it and they took care of it.

it normally wobbles. It is the cover that protects your ECU. Sometimes it takes some work to get it to attach properly. I try not to ever remove it due to that.

yea, it should be tight...urs is just loose...just take it to the dealer an they'll rescrew it

yea, it should be tight...urs is just loose...just take it to the dealer an they'll rescrew it

theres no screwing to be done. haha...that sentence is funny on a few levels. but seriously...its just a plastic piece with a few clips. if it just wiggles when you push and pull on it then who cares. if it makes noise when your driving, put a piece of electrical tape down low to hold it. it weights like an ounce to it wont take much to hold it steady. when i saw rattle/loose piece i was like....oh geez heres another good one. its just a cover. no worries.

There is a cheap piece of plastic on the bottom center, left side portion of that cover, that probably broke off when trying to remove it. Very poorly made design.

There is a screw on the back right side portion that sticks up. You can see tip of the screw in the first photo. It is to the right of the Brake Reservoir fluid sensor (or whatever that is). If you have an aftermarket intake, then use your old thick rubber stock intake fastener (looks sort of like two D's side by side.) and put it around the screw that sticks up and use a big washer and nut to keep it in place. That's what I did and it is securly fastened. NO worries about damaging the wires or shortening them out, since its made out of rubber. I think tape would eventually dry out and fall somewhere due to the engine heat. Pics will follow shortly.

I'll get it fixed by the dealer when I get stateside. I would leave ithe cover on though, it might protect those important looking wires from excess heat.

Back