Just got my MS3 today and CEL came on

RJKSpeed3

:
08 Black Mica Speed3
Hello guys, just bought my speed3 GT today and check engine light came on while driving it on freeway. The car had only 9 miles when i got it and it was still in plastic packaging. Anyone had the same problem? Im gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow to get it checked and i just want to find out if this is a common occurence on the MS3.

Other than the CEL, this car is awesome!! (wrc)

Hello guys, just bought my speed3 GT today and check engine light came on while driving it on freeway. The car had only 9 miles when i got it and it was still in plastic packaging. Anyone had the same problem? Im gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow to get it checked and i just want to find out if this is a common occurence on the MS3.

Other than the CEL, this car is awesome!! (wrc)

Check the gas tank cap and see if it's in place properly ...

Check the gas tank cap and see if it's in place properly ...

I actually got off the freeway and pulled over on the side street to checked on the gas cap and made sure its tighten. I was hoping this was the problem but after 15 miles of driving the CEL is still on...

I'm guessing it's the infamous p2006 code. Although if you just got your car today the recall should have been done on it before you drove off with it. Just take it back to the dealer asap...they'll run and fix the problem right on the spot i'm sure.

I actually got off the freeway and pulled over on the side street to checked on the gas cap and made sure its tighten. I was hoping this was the problem but after 15 miles of driving the CEL is still on...

hmmmmmmmmmm dont kno what else could set it off on a brand new car ... just bring it back to the dealer tomorrow morning ...

yup..... im really inlove with this car but this CEL thing is making me anxious....

btw... i was granny driving the car the whole time and i intend to break it in properly......o well well see tommorrow... hope its nothing biggie..

thanks for all the replies guys

Dealer forgot to perform the recalls on it prior to deliver is my guess or they prepped it wrong.... take it back and whack em on the head for not updating car with latest firmware,fixes prior to delivery

Dealer forgot to perform the recalls on it prior to deliver is my guess or they prepped it wrong.... take it back and whack em on the head for not updating car with latest firmware,fixes prior to delivery

yeah i have the 08 so should all the bugs be fixed by now?

ya, i had thought that the 08's didn't need to be recalled...+_+;

Actually Im not sure.. I "thought" the throttle body fix applied to all 07 and some 08's but I may be wrong... it may just be 07's.. neways the good news is that even if Im wrong or right the dealer should easily take care of his problem as it is a brand new car....Its prob some silly prep work that they forgot to do

yup..... im really inlove with this car but this CEL thing is making me anxious....

btw... i was granny driving the car the whole time and i intend to break it in properly......o well well see tommorrow... hope its nothing biggie..

thanks for all the replies guys

Don't worry too much about a CEL, it's probably just some minor sensor or emissions issue. Defintely get the dealer to look it though because it's brand new after all.

I have 183,000 miles on my Ford Contour and it's had the CEL on for about 175,000 of those miles! Still runs great and gets 25mpg+, so I'm not too worried about it.

The car is at the dealer at this moment and the guy said they might hold my car overnight. Thumbs up to the Mazda dealer service dept!!.....they gave me a ford focus rental on the spot because herts rental is right next to them lol......i was out of there in 10 minutes...excellent service! Shoot... Acura never gave me a loaner or a rental when i had my rsx for warranty service...All they gave me was a courtesy ride home and always had to wait for half hour or so.....you call that luxury service? Hopefully, ill get my ms3 back later today though...i missed her already :)

I have an 08 MS3 as well and my CEL came on after one day. I took it in and when they hooked it up to the computer, they found an ECU fix. Since then, it's been CEL free. I have had it for a month and a half.

Hey RJKSpeed3 I'm in San Fran and am looking for a Speed3 too! Which dealer did you go to and did they give you a good price?

Hey RJKSpeed3 I'm in San Fran and am looking for a Speed3 too! Which dealer did you go to and did they give you a good price?

i bought my speed3 GT at mazda of oakland... i bought it invoice price plus tax and license fees...

putnam mazda at burlingame quoted me invoice price for the sport... but i wanted a GT and didn have it so i went to oakland mazda and i think i got a fair deal...

bought my ms3 gt for 23400 before tax and license

Back