Aftermarket DVD player and Moonroof

Anyone have a picture of what the Dockable Entertainment System looks like installed? Does it have to be installed at the factory? Does it do anything that one of many other aftermarket overhead solutions would not do? Thx.

My dealer told me that they would have been able to install it for me if I decided on a CX-9 that didn't have it installed at the factory.

It comes with wireless headphones and can play through the car's sound system. It has a remote control. It also has RCA inputs. It also comes with a wirless controller for playing Gameboy games.

What it can do that other's can't is that it can be used as a portable dvd player, and you can play Nintendo Gameboy Advanced games on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,067
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,045
They still make the Gameboy Advanced? Man, I thought the DS had replaced that years ago...

Thx Ushtang and Scubasteve. That's just what I was looking for. Tell me- do you have any problems driving without the use of your rear view mirror or do you just get used to it? I hadn't considered the blocking issue previously. Thanks again!

Hi there, glad you like the dvd player, I don't notice the rear view at all, I mean how offten do you look out the back, And you still have your side mirrors :) It's not down all the time. only when the kids are in, And boy don't they love it. I have no probs with the sun roof opening it's all sweet.

Hi there, Have some info that might help. I have a moon roof and just put in a overhead Alpine dvd player, Works great !! the kids love it and it's one of the best looking units i've seen. It has a huge 10.2 inch LCD screen. lovely LED lights and can be tund in to play on your cars speakers. Sounds sweet on the bose :) Check out the link and my pics.

http://www.alpine.com.au/products/product.asp?modelID=275

OZ Spec Sparlking black Luxury CX9. Xenon upgrade to head lights, K&N Air filter.

WOW!!! That is Beautiful!!!! :)

My dealer told me that they would have been able to install it for me if I decided on a CX-9 that didn't have it installed at the factory.

It comes with wireless headphones and can play through the car's sound system. It has a remote control. It also has RCA inputs. It also comes with a wirless controller for playing Gameboy games.

What it can do that other's can't is that it can be used as a portable dvd player, and you can play Nintendo Gameboy Advanced games on it.

I can see the drop-down screen will block your rear view mirror.
I think when CX-9 comes with moon-roof, ceiling will be lowered and if they installed RSES, the LCD screen would block rear view mirror. That's why they don't have an option for both.

I’m planning on getting an aftermarket DVD player. I don’t have moon roof would it be easier to install since I’m planning to do the work myself. Any tips welcome.

09 CX-9 Sport 2WD - Liquid Silver

Yeah, those look really good. Are they mounted in the headrests? If so, how the heck do you do that and how much does it cost to have someone do it? Are there covers to hide them from prying eyes?

I would get the moonroof, and add the DVD to the vehicle. Your dealer should have a custom shop who can do the work so you can work it into your loan, unless you prefer to pay cash. A decent overhead DVD should run you from $1400-$1600 installed. Premier systems like Alpine will usually set you back 2000+.

I can't buy a car without a moonroof since my last 2 cars have had them.
(mj)

You can pay a visit here http://www.justcardvd.com/ to find if there is this moon roof, I got a car DVD player there, works well, so recommend to you....(drinks)

Back