We Need Sprint Booster, It Works!

Friend already has it on his 530i SMG. Rite now this is the best device on the market for cars w/ drive by wire. It gives the original off the line response that the car would've had w/ a traditional cable.

Ok... if I understand that review correctly (I only read the first 8 pages).... This simply amplifies the signal that goes from the pedal to the ECU.

So if the reason you want to get this product is to overcome the throttle being limited in 1st and 2nd gears, this product will have no effect. It will simply get you to that limit slightly sooner.

What we really need is something that amplifies the signal between the ECU and the Throttle body. Though that will make the Traction and Stability systems operate incorrectly.

hmmm according to the review.. it really not that great of a product.

All I know is that on ma boy's 530i SMG, there was super DBW lag, but now w/ the booster, even w/ DSC on it spins the rear wheels if u punch it a little hard. For most ppl I know w/ DBW lag, they love it and every penny worth it. Theres no lag, and thats what we want.

Any thoughts? I'm going to buy one very soon.
The other 20% thinks that the other 80% is right. :D

Last edited:
When I owned my Porsche 944, there was a throttle cam you could install to the throttle cable which essentially gave variable throttle output; more throttle early in the pedal movement, I wonder if this is similar.

As another analogy, is it like upgrading your stereo by installing a booster into the volume control dial. It's the same stereo behind the dial.

That being said, perhaps there is more to this than it appears... keep us informed

Back