07 Speed 3 RPM & Speed wires???

TT002

Does anyone know where these wires are inside the car? And what color they are? I've read Rotus8's ECU pinout and PJB documents, but it does not list it anywhere. Or it is but doesn't say speed sensor or tach.

Please help...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-TT002-

I don't wanna find the links right now, but on eBay someone is selling a device that locks the doors when you reach a certain speed, the device also unlocks the doors when you turn off the ignition. On the listing for this item they have the instructions, the speed wire is shown in those instructions. Dunno about the RPMs though.

Yeah, those people on ebay have it wrong. The MazdaSPEED 3 doesn't have the same wiring as the regular 3 series. I have the ECU pinout for the Speed 3 and the wire they are saying is the speed signal is actually the Refrigerant Pressure Switch wire.

But thanks a lot Rotus for your help and everyone else's help.

From what I've read everywhere that the RPM signal has to come straight from any one of the ignition coils, but do not use the Green/Stripe wire. And in this case, you might have to get a RPM signal converter to convert the RPM signal from 12V to 5V digital if your accessory is digital or cannot be set to 1 cylinder. Because it will only read 1/4 of the full RPM because it is only reading from one coil and not all 4.

As for the speed signal in this new car, I've read that you can tap in the NAVI wire from the instrument cluster. And if you don't have a NAVI then you can stick the speed wire from your accessory into that same cluster harness with a computer pin connecter. I've tried this and it didn't work for me. But I'll give it another shot unless someone can point me in another direction.

I've also read that the speed signal can be taken from one of the wires from the cruise control harness. And I've read that there's a speed signal wire going to the info system for the MPG info. But no one will say where these wires are located or what color they are.

-TT002-

I would of asked you or PM'ed if I was needing your help. I was just stating a fact Sr.

Why are you people like this, I was not being bad or an Ass Hole to you in particular or any one else. But their are alot of people here that think it is there need to be a red-neck/bully/etc pointing out how they might misspell something or don't know something about whatever.

Almost 4-5 years here and nothing has really changed. You would of thought that you/y'all might of grown up a little.

But then again thats why people of that life become Military Dicks and Law-Dogs.

Thats my two cents, and I'm sticking with it.

And that makes me want to help you. :(

Last edited:
I would of asked you or PM'ed if I was needing your help. I was just stating a fact Sr.

Why are you people like this, I was not being bad or an Ass Hole to you in particular or any one else. But their are alot of people here that think it is there need to be a red-neck/bully/etc pointing out how they might misspell something or don't know something about whatever.

Almost 4-5 years here and nothing has really changed. You would of thought that you/y'all might of grown up a little.

But then again thats why people of that life become Military Dicks and Law-Dogs.

Thats my two cents, and I'm sticking with it.
Sorry, but extremely large bold writing sounds like shouting to me. Shouting doesn't win you any friends. I'm willing to overlook it this time I guess, assuming what you wrote is kinda like an apology. If you have a specific question, ask away.

LOL. No Mon, I don't even know you to be hollering @ you. I just knew you would see it ;) that way. No apologee ether I did nothing wrong to apologize for. You/y'all should never take anything in writing as for feelings. Unless it something like (stupid, dumb f---, etc. things like that then you kind of know where ther going.

Anyway I under stand and thank you for the offer. I really didn't mean to HiJack this post ether.

Good will Mon.

I tried sticking the speed wire into the cluster again and it didn't work.

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get the Tach signal is going straight to the ignition coil.

Now does anyone know where the speed signal wire is for this car? Please help....

-TT002-

I tried sticking the speed wire into the cluster again and it didn't work.

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get the Tach signal is going straight to the ignition coil.

Now does anyone know where the speed signal wire is for this car? Please help....

-TT002-

Are you sure you're getting the pin (if you're using one) into the harness fully? I have a pioneer avic-d3 and it gets my speed and rpm from the harness in the instrument cluster just fine.

Here's a picture of where the VSS wire is located. People keep asking for this, this picture should really get stickied so people don't have to constantly ask where it is.

Attachments

• Picture7.jpg
    Picture7.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 207
That's far out dude/dudette, would you have the diagram for the factory Navigation plug.

I don't know if the MS3S come stock with that plug or not but the MS3GT does and I wanted to use it to power my gauges.

Any help would be appreciated.

That's far out dude/dudette, would you have the diagram for the factory Navigation plug.

I don't know if the MS3S come stock with that plug or not but the MS3GT does and I wanted to use it to power my gauges.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not exactly sure where that is but on my ms3 gt I have seen a harness that was not plugged into anything that may be what you're asking about. Just remove the cup holder and the shifter cover and you should see it down on the floor. You may have to remove the cig light also to see it but I can't remember.

No , not down there. Ther is a plug under/on top of the air vents just waiting to be plugged. ;)

I already have that diagram and I've already tried that slot. I have a '07 Mazda Speed 3 GT without NAVI. I tried plugging in the speed signal wire into there and got no reading. But thanks for your help anyways.

I'm still trying to hook it up to that pin and get no signal back. Is there a way to measure the signal to see if I've made contact? Is the speed signal a 12V(+) signal or something like that?

If anyone knows, please help....

Thanks,
-TT002-

Speed signal still not working...I think the HKS Type-1 TT is looking for a different signal than the car is outputting. That might be why some are getting the signal from that cluster harness. But I can't get a signal at all.

If anyone knows what signal the HKS TT is looking for, please let me know. Or what signal converter is needed to get the correct signal. And if anyone knows where I can get a converter to get the full tach reading, please let me know. Right now I'm only getting 1/4 the RPM reading.

Thanks,
-TT002-

Back