Ipod Intergration w/factory Nav

Sorry for the confusion, my car does not have NAV. If you have a SAT port on your Head Unit, I do not see any reason why it would not work and on their web site, it does state that it will work with the NAV system, you can also go to www.neocaraudio.com site to read about it.

Clarity Needed

OK,

We need some clarity on this issue of whether or not this adapter will work with a Factory Head Unit w/Nav..... Many of us here have just that type of set up and still have yet to find anything that works. Although my unit is capable of Sat Rad, I am not using it and therefore the port is free and open on the back of my head unit.

Can someone PLEASE give some clarity on will it work or not. I tried calling the company and got instant voice mail ??

TIA

Not to be a PIB but read the above post and go onto their website which states that it would not affect your NAV system. Since you have a SAT port on your radio then it should work. Just need to program your SAT functions once the adapter is connected.

Who cares about SAT when u can have iPod. Disconnect the SAT cable and cancel ur subscription and enjoy the iPod on ur NAV system.

It doesn't work that way.

Wait - what do you mean by that...?

I was under the impression that you "could" use the SAT port if/when a 3rd-Party developed a product for it. You'd just disconnect the Sirius input and connect your 3rd-Party interface. Am I misunderstanding something?

I would have said the same thing: "Cancel the Sirius, unplug it, plug-in the iPod interface, configure and WHEEEeeee...!!!"

I just got off the phone with a rep at NEO (The manufacturer) and he says that this unit ( product link ) will work with the Mazda CX-7 NAV-Unit stereo utilizing the SAT port. You must disconnect the Sirius connection.

He claims that you get full-control of the iPod interface unlike the Mazda on (and others) that lock you out, you get use of steering-wheel controls to skip or go-back a track, he even said that it has the ability to connect to an iPhone (my current means of music transport). He also said that "some" information will display - but he wasn't clear WHERE... I doubt it's on-screen... my guess would be the monochromatic digital dash readout.

Anyhow. His final assurance after I belabored my concerns with numerous questions was; "At the worst case, if it doesn't work for you, you can return it for a full refund."

So - I cannot vouch for any credibility to his claims, but I do not see why they would lie about it. It would *appear* that this could/should work. I don't give a rat's-ass if it displays anything... as long as I have a reliable, PHYSICAL connection from my device to the input of the audio system, I am a happy man. :)

If anyone beats me to the purchase and insatlls it, let me (us) know "how" you actually interface with it and how it interacts with the head-unit (display, functionality, etc...)

Thanks.

A different, but related question:

Has anyone found (or even bothered looking for) a cradle for the iPhone, not just an iPod...? I have done a few searches via Google and cannot find a true car cradle (docks the phone without having to make a separate connection of the multi-pin connector) that is built for iPhone.

I love the idea of getting into my car and just docking my iPhone and driving-off. No dangling cables.

The closest I've found is: This Cradle at Neo Car Audio. I am waiting for them to open on the west-coast so I can call to see if they have inserts that specifically hold the iPhone.

I'd love to know if anyone else knows of another model to look into. Thanks.

One more follow-up that lends some credibility - from their "News" page:

Dec. 7th, 2007
2007 and 2008 Mazda's NOW AVAILABLE.
We now have compatibility for all 2007 and 2008 Mazda radios. Our new Neo PODMAZR2V1 interface is compatible with factory radio's with the SAT button. These are so new, they aren't even on the website yet! Please call for availability at 619-704-0690 or e-mail sales01@neocaraudio.com.

That doesn't say it all...! That tells me nothing. :)

• What brand/model cradle is that?
  • How is the audio connected?
  • How did you get it to display Aux1?

Details, man... DETAILS!!! :D

------ EDIT -------

Nevermind - I just read back several posts. The "problem" with Aux-in is that you cannot advance tracks nor see any read-out of song info. The item I linked to above DOES allow for that. And yes, I *think* it basically pretends to be a SAT unit - will not know "how" it does it until I buy it, have it installed and TRY it.

------ EDIT 2 -------

I will not shed a single tear losing Sirius. The ONLY reason I just recently signed-up is for my trips north that generally take 3-7 hours each way, depending on snow conditions. Sirius allows me to keep listening to the "same" station without loss of signal - well, technically. The Sirius signal is not infallible either.

I will be doing the "Happy Dance" the day I can get my CX-7 to play "MY" iPod/iPhone.

Last edited:
Who will be the first.......

OK, I for one am awaiting to see if this solution will actually work on my 7. Please post the results of your experience, who ever the first board member will be ....... this is what many of us have been waiting for

Personally one of my BIGGEST BEEFS with the car.....I would be extremely satisfied to find out that this actually works

Aux in over an iPod in anyday.
Hopefully the NEO adapter works for the NAV, I just don't think so after all the "mights".

Could you, please, post a link to the Aux-in mod in the photo? I am either blind or dumb but I can't find it anywhere in this topic. Thanks!

Back