Vibrating driver side mirror?

I am in the same boat, Mazda is aware of the problem and has not been successful in repairing the driver side mirror. I have take it in 2 twice and waste 2 saturdays......the best advice I can give is to wait unit they have permanent fix.

odd. I don't have any vibration. 1 month and 1100 miles into ownership. even at 80 mph and in high utah winds.

I take my 2012 GT in this coming Wednesday to have glass replaced, which was my dealers response when I complained about the vibration during a service visit two weeks ago. We'll see....

My 2011 brand new when i purchased it vibrated on driver while passenger don't. So same boat. Talked to service and they said it's an issue and all the cx-9 has the issue. Fantastic, I'm not alone is what that means.

I take my 2012 GT in this coming Wednesday to have glass replaced, which was my dealers response when I complained about the vibration during a service visit two weeks ago. We'll see....

I'm on the fence on whether the dealers attempt to fix with a new glass worked.
Does anyone have an explanation as to why this seems to be a driver side issue? Is the mounting different between driver and passenger lenses?

You know, I love Mazda vehicles, but the one thing they can learn from Toyota and Honda is how to design a vibration-free mirror glass.

Mine's not that bad either, but every other vehicle I've driven in the last 10-12 years had steady mirror glass through the entire rpm range and in all wind and road conditions. Not like it's out-of-reach technology.

And, I bet every single CX-9 manufactured to date suffers from the issue to one degree or another. Shame is Mazda doesn't give a rat's ass. They train the service managers to look at you like you're crazy when you seek remedy for a legitimate issue.

I Agree! I just bout my on month old to the dealership for the same problem, they said that almost all CX9 are the same and the vibration is tolerable. I never experienced any side mirror vibration in my previous cars.

is there a way that they will be obliged to fix that problem?

hi,

can you post your solution once more? i.m new to the forum, can't seem to find you post. Thanks

Hey guys,

Just bought a new 2014 and noticed the mirror shaking during the test drive. I had a MB CLK350 that did the same thing....since I'm OCD to beg with, I cant believe the luck I have....

Anyway, it has to be some issue with the aerodynamics or else why wouldn't the right side do it?

I have always wondered what that annoying vibrating noise was. I thought i popped a speaker because I enjoy blasting my rap music. So all this time its our side mirrors?

Interesting. I've never noticed mirror vibration in my 2014, and I have a pretty high attention to detail on what my cars are doing...

I just picked up a 2014. On the drive home I notice the driver side vibration. Next day I go back to dealer and tell service writer the problem. He looks me dead in the eye and says "I know, we don't have a fix for it, maybe by the time you bring it in for the 30 day lookover we will have a fix from Mazda" I will be doing my homework and going back in 30 days loaded for bear.

I just picked up a 2014. On the drive home I notice the driver side vibration. Next day I go back to dealer and tell service writer the problem. He looks me dead in the eye and says "I know, we don't have a fix for it, maybe by the time you bring it in for the 30 day lookover we will have a fix from Mazda" I will be doing my homework and going back in 30 days loaded for bear.

Strange... I seriously don't see any vibration when I'm driving, lol! Also interesting, my dealer never offered me a "30-day look-over"....

Yes, my dealer has me bringing in the car after 30 days to give it an inspection and address any issues. Took it on a trip to pick up junior at college yesterday and it ran beautifully, except for the mirror. 60 mph is the starting speed for the vibration.

Yes, my dealer has me bringing in the car after 30 days to give it an inspection and address any issues. Took it on a trip to pick up junior at college yesterday and it ran beautifully, except for the mirror. 60 mph is the starting speed for the vibration.

Gotcha, I'll have to look out for that.

Back