Rear subframe help...

Hi all!

Does any have a how to on the remove/install of a rear subframe on a P-5? I didnt want to start a whole new thread for this. I asked for help in another thread and had no response. (maybe no one saw it so hence this thread.) hehe
Yes I did search, and saw nothing. Maybe I'm not searching correctly, I dont know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much. (drinks)

im assuming your putting the mazdaspeed rear subframe in place of the P5 one?

i never took mine out, but it should be straight forward. nothing tricky about it dropping out. just make sure you soak the bolts with PB to get em loose.

Actually, I already have the Mazdaspeed subframe installed. I broke the spot welds on the upper retaining nut where the sway bar mounts. I took it to the shop to have them re weld it...they say they welded it but the really didnt. Complete lameness... So, I have a new stock P-5 subframe that I would like to install.
so you think it shouldnt be too bad huh? nothing under load or anything like that?
anyone else with some insight? i may do it this weekend...
Thanks again!

i would have the rear end jacked up off the ground, cuz the lateral links i believe bolt to the subframe. so those need to come off. its always good to have the ass end jacked off the ground when working on it in a case like this. just to be safe.

just wondering because I'm looking at posible upgrades for the MX-6 using protege parts but what is the differance between the MSP and standard sub frame?

I'm thinking about what i could swap between the 6 and protege suspension wise and I like the tubular links.

Back