Sudden Lose Of Power In Higher Rpm's

BlackMSP1

Hey everybody this is my first post. i just bought an 03 MSP about a month ago and installed an injen CAI on it. recently i have had a sudden complete lose of power when i accelerate fast. i was told this could be fuel cut??? someone else told me it has to do with the CAI??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

sounds like fuel cut to me. are you running stock boost? does the car feel faster just before the power cuts, this might be your wastegate actuator getting stuck. do you have a boost gauge?

fuel cut. I suspect your boost is spiking. might want to consider a boost gauge as an add-on. see my last post.

Try resetting the ecu, take the nagative battery cable off and leave it off for 30mins or so then hook it back up and go for a drive, it will go back to how it was pretty fast so pay attention to how it drives right away. Also make sure you are running 91+ octane.

However it does sound like fuel cut.

This cars factory tune/ecu is garbage!

its feels like a brick wall, almost like a slam on the brakes.....and im running stock boost with no boost gauge

Yeah I think your hitting fuel cut, sounds like a bad actutor. You need to get a boost gauge on the car, it helps so much.

Back