CEL came on today

elderlycoffee

:
2007 Sunlight Silver mazdaspeed 3
I've had my CAI for like 7 months and I've never had one.

Also I'm about 1,800 miles over an oil change because i just got back from a roadtrip. What do you think it is most likely?

I've had my CAI for like 7 months and I've never had one.

Also I'm about 1,800 miles over an oil change because i just got back from a roadtrip. What do you think it is most likely?

P2006 (shutter valve) or engine misfire (not sure of the code for that one)

Will it hurt my car if I drive on it? Or should I not go anywhere till I get it to the dealer?

You should be fine unless the light is blinking after startup. I'm sure it's nothing big...i've had 3 cel's so far...and it has been either an engine misfire or the p2006 code which was fixed on recall not too long ago...but i think those are the most common codes. Take her to the dealer when you get a chance or if you're in a rush take it to autozone and it takes only a minute for them to read the code for free...good luck

its probably the p2006 brought on by the cooler weather were having right now, dont worry about it but do eventualy get it checked and the recall if you havent already

i may not even be anything to worry about a cel can come on and then the problems goes away or the sensor clears upo the ecu will see that after so many cold starts and then turn the light off but the code maybe stored in the ecu but i will be inactive but right now you have an active code....run to auto zone have them scan you its free.....

Just get the cel read for free from AutoZone and go from there. It could be anything, eliminate the guessing.

which recall?

Damn Coffee where ya been :D.. "which recall" LOL! the one that had about 1001 posts about it a few weeks back!!! that one!

Sorry just bustin yer balls... I agree its prob. just your shutter valve.. have the recalls done - it should fix your CEL AND in my case between the two recals I did notice some additional pep to the car but then again it could just have been a seat of my pants feel

Back