MazdaSpeed 3 TCS/DSC COMPLETELY off.... possibly....

dsc will use individual breaking to help rotate the car and get it to do what it thinks you are wanting it to do. it has controll of breaks, throtle and a couple of other things.

I tried it today and it way diffrent car is sensitive,i was scared it was raining i will try it when is gona by dry

I tried it today and it way diffrent car is sensitive,i was scared it was raining i will try it when is gona by dry

are you drunk, 3, or hard on english? lol.

why dont you just make friends with your local speed tech and ask his ass what the deal is? buy him a beer. i think there is no way for anyone to really know whats going on until they get a correct definite answer from some sort of machine much like the dash hawk....cough cough....to give some numbers. oh...whoops. cheers! (drinks)

This is a non electronic suspension. There is no possible way turning off the DSC will change the handling characteristics. Simple spring suspension. You need electromagnetic shocks to have any sort of change, which for 23K our cars are sadly missing that option.

Ok, this made me wonder. What other car is out there that you can buy for 23k that has electronic suspension tuning? I think you're asking for a little too much here. They call this car the best bang for the buck and there is an excellent reason for it.

This is a non electronic suspension. There is no possible way turning off the DSC will change the handling characteristics. Simple spring suspension. You need electromagnetic shocks to have any sort of change, which for 23K our cars are sadly missing that option.

DSC/ESC Defined said:
Electronic stability control (ESC) is a technology that improves the safety of a vehicle's handling, by detecting and preventing skids and slides, helping the driver maintain control of the vehicle. This technology is applied through a computerized system.

ESC simplifies steering for the driver. ESC uses the vehicle's braking system as a tool for "steering" the vehicle back on track. Braking is automatically applied to individual wheels, such as the inner rear wheel to counter understeer, or the outer front wheel to counter oversteer. Some ESC systems also intervene by reducing engine power or accelerating the driven wheels

Care to rephrase your statement?

As for the TCS, it does trim the boost and power output as determined by the amount of traction available.

TCS Defined said:
A traction control system (TCS), on current production vehicles, are typically (but not necessarily) electro-hydraulic systems designed to prevent loss of traction (and therefore the control of the vehicle) when excessive throttle or steering is applied by the driver. Although similar to electronic stability control systems, traction control systems do not have the same goal.

The intervention can consist of any, or all, of the following:

Retard or suppress the spark to one or more cylinders
Reduce fuel supply to one or more cylinders
Brake one or more wheels
Close the throttle, if the vehicle is fitted with drive by wire throttle.
In turbo-charged vehicles, the boost control solenoid can be actuated to reduce boost and therefore engine power.
Typically, the traction control system shares the brake actuator and the wheel speed sensors with the anti-lock braking system.
Traction control is not just used for moving a vehicle from stationary without slippage. During hard maneuvers in a front wheel drive car there is a point where the wheels cannot both steer and drive the car at the same time without losing traction. With traction control, it's less likely for this loss of control to occur. There is a limit though, when the tires lose grip. If the car does not corner as sharply as indicated by the front wheels, understeering occurs. In some front wheel drive cars, traction control can induce lift-off oversteering due to its throttle retarding capabilities. This can keep some cars stable in long maneuvers. In rear wheel drive cars, traction control can prevent oversteering.

All car manufacturers strongly point out in vehicle manuals that the traction control system is not to be taken for granted and that its presence should not encourage dangerous driving or situations beyond the driver's control.

I don't see how it is so hard for some of you to understand that by eleminating the TCS/DSC capabilities, you are not increasing the performance of the car. You are only preventing the loss of performance through electromechanical intervention. As stated, this not only affects the power, but also affects the handling characteristics of the car.

Hopefully this helps dispel some of the doubt and misunderstanding.

If this "mod" does indeed turn both off and simply hitting the DSC button doesn't- I don't mind. To be honest, the only thing I'd like to override is my car turning into a limp noodle as soon as the tires break traction a bit. With TCS turned off the power doesn't fall like a trap door and allows me to spin a bit and regain traction through the gears which still yeilds better performance than cutting the throttle electronically and killing any built boost.

Now the findings about the boost being LOWER with the DSC button set to OFF is quite perplexing. I wonder if the Dashhawk is being acurrate on this account???? Doesn't make sense.

it does make sense. mazda probably figured you wouldnt be able to keep the wheels from spinning as much so they lower the boost a little instead of relying on the tsc to do it for you. in other words.....they try to make us safer.....or gay-er.....something along those lines.

When i press the DSC button while my engine is running turning it on or off I can not tell any difference in power or spinning. Never tried the press and hold the DSC button while the engine is off "trick". Does anyone really know what this does for a fact yet? Do you get your full boost in the first 2 gears or not? Still a rumor or fact?

Good Lord, what it so difficult to understand about all this?! If you hit the button after you start the car, it turns off DSC but TCS stays on. If you hold the button while starting the car it turns off both TCS and DSC. It's that simple.

i bet it was flashing, LETTING YOU KNOW your breaking traction. if you tried to turn the wheel the tcs would probably kick in and cut power, but because you were going in a straight line it didnt cut power- since you already disabled the dsc the ecu knows your gonna get a little loose and wont intervene. with both off it wont flash cause it's fully disabled and whether you turn or go straight you'll have full power to peel/spin out. thats been my experinece

Good Lord, what it so difficult to understand about all this?! If you hit the button after you start the car, it turns off DSC but TCS stays on. If you hold the button while starting the car it turns off both TCS and DSC. It's that simple.

Dude, I understand all of this and what it ''supposed'' to do. The part where one holds the button while starting the car turning off both TCS and DSC is what I was talking about. If it really dissabled both wouldnt you get full boost in all gears? I dont think this has been proven yet, still theory? Doesn't anyone have a boost guage to check this?(yes)

no diffrence in boost in any of the settings (all on, partial off, and all off) when the wheels are straight. confirmed with dashhawk i dont have the graphs anymore. psi diffrence between settings was negligable.

no diffrence in boost in any of the settings (all on, partial off, and all off) when the wheels are straight. confirmed with dashhawk i dont have the graphs anymore. psi diffrence between settings was negligable.

Thanks for getting that info. I was almost sure that would be the case. (cool)

Back