engine code / mazdaspeed3 engine swap?

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know what the engine code is for the 2.3L Mazda Speed 3? I am currently looking into whether the bottom would fit together with my p5's already set headers and rest of the set up (turbo).

I know that when the engine codes are close, you can usually frankenstein these things together.

Anyone know?

thanks I think that helps, still not sure about whether it would fit with my setup

The reason I ask is that the local shop Turbo XS have a mazdaspeed3 with 305 whp on the stock turbo.. Currently I am making right about that on my current set up and if I could just switch out the block, I think i could gain another 50 or 60!

I'm not 100% sure on this:

I think the block is identical to the regular 2.3 liter ford block. Same as the duratec or whatever its called, same as the 2.3 liter block for the mazda 3.

The differences I beleive are in the head, pistons, sleeves, (crankshaft?) transmission and axles and such.

I would think that if you're gonna do any sort of engine internal work, you'd be better off going with forged pistons and rods as the blocks are probably virtually identical.

Then again, I am guessing here, anyone who ACTUALLY knows have anything to contribute?

Back