more white smoke

i know there is already alot of threads about white smoke but here is my story. well first off i noticed puffs of white smoke at start up every once in awhile. no big deal i thought, i was wrong. my mods that matter are mazdaspeed intake and pg race pipe. i was going to work today and noticed some more white smoke on the highway. then i was at a stop light for a little, when it turned green i pulled out and left a huge cloud of white smoke. then sitting in the parking lot it continued to smoke. its at the dealer now so i'll keep you updated. probably turbo seals.

i know there is already alot of threads about white smoke but here is my story. well first off i noticed puffs of white smoke at start up every once in awhile. no big deal i thought, i was wrong. my mods that matter are mazdaspeed intake and pg race pipe. i was going to work today and noticed some more white smoke on the highway. then i was at a stop light for a little, when it turned green i pulled out and left a huge cloud of white smoke. then sitting in the parking lot it continued to smoke. its at the dealer now so i'll keep you updated. probably turbo seals.

Sounds like the seals. Out of curiosity, how many miles do you have on the car?

you guys sure it isnt deleting the cats that makes this happen?

Deleting the cats make the problem apparent but it doesn't cause the problem. The cats tend to "absorb" the smoke masking the issue but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. The problem is burning oil from the turbo seals. When my turbo seals went out on my eclipse the exact thing happened.

This is the same scenario i had gone through with my 98 Cobra. All was well until i added longtube headers. 2 Days afterwards, tons of white smoke pouring out the back. Problem was the weak valve seals were pulling oil through into the exhaust. Although we were running aftermarket parts, ford warrantied it because it was a defect within the heads.

When you remove the cats on this car, your removing restriction and the ability to burn off anything through the cats. So the turbo seals are going to show their weakness with the less restrictive setup and smoke is going to be noticeable because of the cats being gone.

sorry it took me this long to get back. well the next day at the dealer it would not smoke at all for them, they had it all day and nothing. i used to work at this dealer and with the tech that was working on my car so i know he is a great tech. so what me and the techs narrowed it down to was prolly bad fuel. i usually go to hess but i needed gas bad so i stopped at turkey hill and put a little in. the smoke had a very foul odor to it, not oil smell or coolant. so im going to keep an eye on it and only go to the gas stations i went to before.

sorry it took me this long to get back. well the next day at the dealer it would not smoke at all for them, they had it all day and nothing. i used to work at this dealer and with the tech that was working on my car so i know he is a great tech. so what me and the techs narrowed it down to was prolly bad fuel. i usually go to hess but i needed gas bad so i stopped at turkey hill and put a little in. the smoke had a very foul odor to it, not oil smell or coolant. so im going to keep an eye on it and only go to the gas stations i went to before.

Sulfur; like rotten eggs was it, but a little of blown-out-match thrown in?

You need to get some Shell top grade in there asap. Don't mess around with the fuel system; it's like US living on McDonald's or Twinkies. NOT good for you inside any more than it is for your poor car. That white smoke is like if you drank the water on a trip to India or Mexico, given it ain't the turbo seals.

mabe a little water in the fuel, use top tier gas whenever you can it makes a big diffrence. well at least it wasnt the seals mabe they got it fixed before the ms3 came out i havnt seen any yet with the seal problem like the ms6 has been having.

Back