Official Exhaust Thread

Well I have Greddy EVO Exhaust and it works good and sounds very good. It took me about 20 minutes to install . It cost me $495.

Well, we took some video this morning with my friends camera. I gotta warn you, it's not the best quality but I think it will work. It's cold and windy here in Ohio so you can hear the wind. Boo. My motor is stock but for an AEM short air intake and the GReddy EVO2 cat-back.

But hopefully this helps.

Sitting still, reving the motor;

Take off from a stop;

Coming up the street 2nd gear to 3rd gear;

Coming down the street downshift and take off again;

Dude not to diss you or anything but wheres the exhaust sound?? all i hear is your intake lol but nice vid either way check out my brothers vid of his Corksport Power Series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MCaizD91Xk

No offense taken. Personally I wanted something that didn't sound like everyone else out there. The Magnaflow, Corksport, Skunk2 style canister mufflers all sound very similar to me. I was looking for something with more of a lower tone and something much quieter. It was either the Racing Beat or the GReddy EVO2. They sound different and quiter than the style your brother went for.

Your brothers exhaust sounds good don't get me wrong, it's just not my cup-o-tea. Dig?

Last edited:
No offense taken. Personally I wanted something that didn't sound like everyone else out there. The Magnaflow, Corksport, Skunk2 style canister mufflers all sound very similar to me. I was looking for something with more of a lower tone and something much quieter. It was either the Racing Beat or the GReddy EVO2. They sound different and quiter than the style your brother went for.

Your brothers exhaust sounds good don't get me wrong, it's just not my cup-o-tea. Dig?

AHHhh ur the quiet but quick kinda guy, its cool i have the megan racing exhaust myself but idk if its gonna be loud or not, havent installed it yet lol
but yea i feel where ur commin from but i myself being a teenager, i go for all show and no go lol

Not Flaming, Just curious if you've heard the MAGNAFLOW on a p5? You said you wanted something much quieter? Any quiter and you wouldn't know the car is even running. Is it just my magnaflow? (dunno) It has a nice note, but, it is FAR from loud.

Tylor

+1 I wrote a little report on my experience with the CS a few pages back.

yea i read it just now, pretty accurate to what my brother went through cept the fitment part, my bro's fit perfect but you said u got it used so maybe that could have been the reason...

yea i read it just now, pretty accurate to what my brother went through cept the fitment part, my bro's fit perfect but you said u got it used so maybe that could have been the reason...
Yeah more than likely. Either way, all is squared out now although I don't know how much longer I'm going to have it.

yea thats cool, im just starting to modify my p5 with exhaust intake, u kno the beggining stuff ; what've u done to ur p5?

i dont mean to rain on your parade, but dont you think a stage 2 clutch is overkill? youll never reach the torque capacity that qualifies a stage 2 clutch unless you go turbo, and your making some serious power?

dont take this as an attack, just wondering why your deciding to go stage 2

i dont mean to rain on your parade, but dont you think a stage 2 clutch is overkill? youll never reach the torque capacity that qualifies a stage 2 clutch unless you go turbo, and your making some serious power?

dont take this as an attack, just wondering why your deciding to go stage 2

i mean i dont kno about u but i dont get all my money in one big lump sum for the whole year but yea i was planning on goin turbo and the old clutch was slipping like crazy after 200K so i didnt want that to happen again anytime soon

yea thats cool, im just starting to modify my p5 with exhaust intake, u kno the beggining stuff ; what've u done to ur p5?
Really, I have too many things to list - I used to have it all in my sig but some people complained that it was too big. But yeah, pretty much MSP turbo setup, upgraded turbo, fmic, full CS exhaust, etc. And yeah, I agree with above, don't you think a stage 2 is overkill? Hell, even I don't need that much and I'm around 200 whp!

Really, I have too many things to list - I used to have it all in my sig but some people complained that it was too big. But yeah, pretty much MSP turbo setup, upgraded turbo, fmic, full CS exhaust, etc. And yeah, I agree with above, don't you think a stage 2 is overkill? Hell, even I don't need that much and I'm around 200 whp!

ok ok jesus christ ill ****** return it and get the stage 1 just chill out a little,
but yea thats cool im hopin to go turbo someday as soon as i get some money saved up, i wanted to go custom but that takes to long and a kit is a easier way for me personally
how much boost u running?

ok ok jesus christ ill ****** return it and get the stage 1 just chill out a little,
but yea thats cool im hopin to go turbo someday as soon as i get some money saved up, i wanted to go custom but that takes to long and a kit is a easier way for me personally
how much boost u running?
LOL calm down, it was just a question asked by two people. You don't have to return it but IMO you're going to be sacrificing driveability for holding capacity you don't need yet. I mean, if you plan on turbo'ing within the next 6 months then sure, why not. I dyno'd at 183/185 at around 6 psi (gauge is off) but right now I'm up around 9-10 psi and I'm still trying to get my tune right. Overall it runs very well but it still goes rich at points. I'm just trying to break into the 200's before some of the bigger mods come to play (new manifold, fmic in the works right now...)

LOL calm down, it was just a question asked by two people. You don't have to return it but IMO you're going to be sacrificing driveability for holding capacity you don't need yet. I mean, if you plan on turbo'ing within the next 6 months then sure, why not. I dyno'd at 183/185 at around 6 psi (gauge is off) but right now I'm up around 9-10 psi and I'm still trying to get my tune right. Overall it runs very well but it still goes rich at points. I'm just trying to break into the 200's before some of the bigger mods come to play (new manifold, fmic in the works right now...)

u dont have an intercooler yet?? jesus this might sound like a retarded thing to say but i thought u HAD to have an intercooler, guess i was wrong
but u goin customon the manifold or buyin one? i bet if u got some forged internals(if u dont have tem already) and turned it up to 20 or so psi ud be set in the 200 department lol

u dont have an intercooler yet?? jesus this might sound like a retarded thing to say but i thought u HAD to have an intercooler, guess i was wrong
but u goin customon the manifold or buyin one? i bet if u got some forged internals(if u dont have tem already) and turned it up to 20 or so psi ud be set in the 200 department lol
LOL yeah I have a front mount currently and even though it performs it's job I really don't like it's layout and I bought it used - I just want something new. I'm not forged yet - I really don't want to because I really want to keep this car driveable and fun so like I'd be happy with ~250 whp and I'm afraid if I go forged it'll get out of hand, who knows though. LOL, a properly built block with 20+ psi should be will into the 300 whp range. For the manifold, I plan on going with the one Steedspeed is working on. Looks good and strong.

Not Flaming, Just curious if you've heard the MAGNAFLOW on a p5? You said you wanted something much quieter? Any quiter and you wouldn't know the car is even running. Is it just my magnaflow? (dunno) It has a nice note, but, it is FAR from loud.

Tylor

I haven't heard one in person, just from videos posted on YouTube and on here. I'm not saying they are all loud, I just wanted to stay away from that style of muffler. My civic had an APEXi N1 I was driving for the past year so I was looking for something different, that's all. I just didn't want something as loud as that but not as quiet as say the GReddy SP2 or the APEXi Worldsport. I'm really happy with the GReddy EVO2. It seems like a happy medium of the styles out there. (drinks)

LOL yeah I have a front mount currently and even though it performs it's job I really don't like it's layout and I bought it used - I just want something new. I'm not forged yet - I really don't want to because I really want to keep this car driveable and fun so like I'd be happy with ~250 whp and I'm afraid if I go forged it'll get out of hand, who knows though. LOL, a properly built block with 20+ psi should be will into the 300 whp range. For the manifold, I plan on going with the one Steedspeed is working on. Looks good and strong.

yea i was thinking about goin forged too when i did the whole turbo set up, protegegarage has one already with lower compression pistons and all that good stuff but its expensive as hell
oh and after you to guys "bashed" me i checked out the invoice and it was actually a stage 1, i was mis informed by the salesrep.

yea i was thinking about goin forged too when i did the whole turbo set up, protegegarage has one already with lower compression pistons and all that good stuff but its expensive as hell
oh and after you to guys "bashed" me i checked out the invoice and it was actually a stage 1, i was mis informed by the salesrep.
Yeah, it's hella expensive - the other reason I haven't gone that route. Definitely can't afford a new engine on a college student's budget. I mean to "bash" and it's good to know it's actually a Stage 1. I just understand these people who use like ACT Stage 6 6-puck clutches when they're probably only putting down like 200 whp. I mean, the driveability is horrible and they didn't even need the capacity in the first place. I've had the Exedy Stage 1 since March and no problems yet :)

Back