Drivers Door Wind Noise. CX9-08

jwcochrane

:
CX9 Grand Touring
Last week we picked up our nice new Grand Touring 08. Very pleased, however we have noticed some wind noise coming from the drivers door (top left corner) when we exceed 45/50 mile an hour.

Anyone else experienced this?

Last week we picked up our nice new Grand Touring 08. Very pleased, however we have noticed some wind noise coming from the drivers door (top left corner) when we exceed 45/50 mile an hour.

If its there, I have never noticed it. Though the cabin is rarely quiet. I either have a movie going for my son or im blasting music if I am alone.

i drove my parents' cx9 yesterday and it was super quiet. averaged about 75-80mph on the freeway and didn't hear anything.

I also notice a fair amount of wind noise at Interstae speeds. Perhaps it is because it is so quiet otherwsie that it stands out more..defentiley more wind noise then the Accord though quieter overall.

Yes, I've notice wind noise around the outside mirror, usually on days with the wind is strong and generally driving into it. But nothing around the door seals or window frame.

Ted

Same wind noise

Last week we picked up our nice new Grand Touring 08. Very pleased, however we have noticed some wind noise coming from the driver’s door (top left corner) when we exceed 45/50 mile an hour.

This I picked mine. I get some wind noise comming from the left top corner, driver side and around 40-60 miles/hour. Also My cx9 engine makes lot of sound if you accelerate from the signal or on a uphill. Does any one experience this. The RPM will be just around 1600, but lot of engine humming noise. Same humming can be felt even at idle time at traffic signals.

Last edited:
Those who have cross bars on the roof rack, make sure that the cross bars are moved to the tail when not in use. The cross bars create fair amount of wind noises at higher speed.
Just a thought.

This I picked mine. I get some wind noise comming from the left top corner, driver side and around 40-60 miles/hour. Also My cx9 engine makes lot of sound if you accelerate from the signal or on a uphill. Does any one experience this. The RPM will be just around 1600, but lot of engine humming noise. Same humming can be felt even at idle time at traffic signals.

Interesting, cause the cars engine is so refined u barely hear it at idle.
When accelerating, is a nice noise.
Anyway, when complain about wind noise, is it with the window half down?
nearly closed? or closed??

Ours too. even standing next to it you dont know it's running....

until you press the gas; grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! LOVE IT

most probably the weatherstripping in the door has to be adjusted. The door isn't sealing well. I have this problem in the top right of the passenger door in my P5.

My other car would let in a bit of wind noise near the top of the window frame when cruising near 80 mph or so. So although I usually never stay at these speeds, it annoyed me to know that there was something "off".

I solved the issue by pushing in the top of the window frame ever so slightly so it would make a better seal with the car body (opened the door, lowered the window, grabbed the top of the frame applied slight pressure). That 1 or 2 mm "deformation" did the trick.

Of course, fixing the seal might be the first thing to try. In my case, I knew of several people that had fixed wind noise by pushing in on the frame like I did.

Come on, I cannot complain with the windows open. Ofcourse, all the windows are closed. Even starting from the signal light, it makes lot of sound, and continues until it hits the 6th gear. When ever I hear this sound, the engine is never smooth. It is rough. Even at stops in signals, the engine noice is very much noticible and quite high, it has a very rough idle, it keeps on shaking the whole car. I think it might be a issue with my CX9.

i have the same problem with my cx9 grand touring 2013. Rubbers look good but sound occurs at 40 mph. any solution .

I had two instances of noise intrusion. My sounds come in through two sources 1) the upper rear corner of the driver side window track and 2) the door seal un the same rear upper corner. In both cases, I reshaped the weatherstripping and the noise level improved greatly.

You can also replace both, but (1) requires disassembling the door.

Hope that helps.

ZoomFive

Back