Advice on buying a used MP5???

maxchao

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, and I'm shopping around for a MP5 now and on Thursday I'm going to test drive one. Well, I hope posting links doesn't against the rule...Here is the link:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=18

Anyway, is there anything I should be aware of?
I'm a little concerned about the mileage at 87100, I need this car for at least 4 years and at least hold it until 150k miles, think that will be a problem for a regular MP5?

Thanks!

Josh

Last edited:
871k miles? damn.

PS. Theres like 10 other threads asking the same thing in this same sub forum, the search is your friend?

I'm just not good at counting zeros...that was also why I didn't get a full score on my PSAT. Couldn't believe that I will suffer for it one day...
Anyway, yeah maybe I should do more search first.
Just want to see if anyone can see anything I can't see in the photos and some opinion on it. I guess go there and see the real thing probably is more important than guessing here.
Just too excited. :D

Josh

I'm just not good at counting zeros...that was also why I didn't get a full score on my PSAT. Couldn't believe that I will suffer for it one day...
Anyway, yeah maybe I should do more search first.
Just want to see if anyone can see anything I can't see in the photos and some opinion on it. I guess go there and see the real thing probably is more important than guessing here.
Just too excited. :D

Josh

Its cool man, I didn't mean to come across as an ass. Its a very reliable car and will get you past the 150k like you mentioned. There are a few little things that you should look out for like the motor mounts wearing out and things like that but welcome to the forums and there is tons of info here just waiting to be read:)

I think you'll be able to find a better price than $8000 for a P5 with 88,000 miles on it. I sold mine last month for $7000 with 89,000 miles on her. I'm sure you already know, but don't go to dealerships. They'll rip you a new one. There are benefits of dealerships, but nothing beats a good deal on a car. If you don't need the hatch and want to sacrifice a lil' mpg, get a MSP for around the same price!

Back