lowering springs for mazda5?

So , knowing there is going to be a camber issue once lowered, to those that have lowered their 5, have you seen increased tire wear especially in the rear?

Also, for the camber plates, besides the dealership, has anyone bought them from someplace else and if so where and how much.

So , knowing there is going to be a camber issue once lowered, to those that have lowered their 5, have you seen increased tire wear especially in the rear?

Also, for the camber plates, besides the dealership, has anyone bought them from someplace else and if so where and how much.

Lowered mine using the H&R spring package and had mucho negative camber in the rear. I didn't run the car like this for very long (< 1 month), but without a doubt there would have been significant tire wear had I not fixed it.

I checked a couple alignment shops here in Calgary and they advised that camber adjustment bolts would not remedy the problem. The only option I had was to go with the Mazdaspeed camber adjustment plates. Having said that, I'm sure you could get these plated manufactured if you know of someone who has a machine shop. They can't be that difficult to copy, but at the time, this was the only option available to me.

I'm not sure if the fellow withe Autoexe springs had a similar problem, but I know that the Mazda3's have a similar issue once you lower them...so I'm thinking that the same situation may exist for anyone who lowers their '5', regardless of what springs they use.
Anthony

SO, I want to make sure I am correct, the mazdaspeed 3 or mazda 3 parts for camber adjustment and springs will work on the 5?

SO, I want to make sure I am correct, the mazdaspeed 3 or mazda 3 parts for camber adjustment and springs will work on the 5?

The camber adjustment should work no problem.

Mazdaspeed Japan uses the same part number for the MZ5 and MZ3 shocks (the same ones sold in the US for the MZ3), but they have different part numbers for the MZ5 springs and the MZ3 springs.

So I'd find springs that are made specifically for the MZ5.

The camber adjustment should work no problem.

Mazdaspeed Japan uses the same part number for the MZ5 and MZ3 shocks (the same ones sold in the US for the MZ3), but they have different part numbers for the MZ5 springs and the MZ3 springs.

So I'd find springs that are made specifically for the MZ5.

Thank you!

Just curious, as for H&R, has anyone had driveability problems? Is it a huge hassle for speed bumps and driveways or is it just a matter of going slower? Just curious because, while I have no problem driving a lowered car, my wife will be sharing this ride...(nuts)

Just curious, as for H&R, has anyone had driveability problems? Is it a huge hassle for speed bumps and driveways or is it just a matter of going slower? Just curious because, while I have no problem driving a lowered car, my wife will be sharing this ride...(nuts)

I have the H&Rs and there are no problems with driveability.
Of course if you have a steep grade to get into your driveway then you may have a problem...
Anthony

Thank you Anthony, I guess my minds made up on which springs I should get. By chance doese anyone know of a height adjustable coilover kit for the MZ5? I've seen a few on ebay, but I'm kind of wary purchasing something like that online...(chair)

-Phil

i would not buy something like suspension on ebay. the "coil over" kits there are pretty much a set of cheap springs that retrofit to your stock struts. true coil overs are a complete setup of new springs and new struts.

i like my H&R springs

I happened to be looking at the back of my 5 today and noticed some negative camber... I have not lowered mine, but I have had serious tire wear issues. I'm gonna bring it up with the dealer next week, but I was wondering if there's been any connection with the tire wear and non-lowered suspensions and what the solution might be

Not to beat a dead horse...but....I've seen countless threads on lowering the Mazda5 here, but I'm looking for a few specifics. Any help here is greatly appreciated! I'm getting my 2008 Mazda5 GT this week and I'd like to lower the car, and potentially get the RX-8 18" wheels. So here are my questions:

1.) I'm purchasing the H&R lowering springs for the Mazda5, will the 2007 springs work on the 2008?

2.) I'd like to purchase the MazdaSpeed "Rear Camber Links", I can only find the part for the Mazda3, no part number for the Mazda5. Will MazdaSpeed part number GRMS-8M-L07 work on the Mazda5 ?

3.) When I do the springs and the chamber links, will I have any rubbing or fitting problems with the stock 18-inch RX-8 wheels?

4.) Does anyone have a good source to purchase the Springs and the Rear Camber links?

5.) These guys say they sell stock wheels http://www.finishlinewheels.com/MAZDA/RX8/2005/, does anyone have any experience with these guys?

6.) Finishline folks only sell 2004&2005 Mazda RX-8 wheels, have these changed?

Any insight is appreciated, thanks guys!

You're right Saint...the overseas tire wear problem had nothing to do with lowering the car.
And I did pay attention to the alignment, hence the installation of the camber adjustment plates.
In hindsight, I would not have lowered the '5' had I know of all the alignment worries and expense I would have to go through...Ah well, live and learn.
Anthony

Anthony, do you still feel this way 2 months later? Do you still have alignment worries now that the rear camber plates are in? Were you're costs approximately in the following cost range?

$300 H&R Springs
$250 Camber Adjustment Plates
$200 Installation of plates and springs
$80 Alignment

Is that about right? Am I missing something here?

Back