lowering springs for mazda5?

is there any out there? How about a pic of lowered mazda5?

Lowered using H&R springs.....I cannot say whether these springs are made specifically for the '5' or whether these are the same as the '3'. I placed an order for Mazda 5 springs.
Anthony

Attachments

• IMGP0871_S.jpg
    IMGP0871_S.jpg
    719 KB · Views: 8,291
they are specific to the mazda5. h&r is the only company that makes mazda5 specific springs, although the 3 springs will technically work.

as will struts...as will swaybars...as will endlinks....as will headers...:)

Lowered using H&R springs.....I cannot say whether these springs are made specifically for the '5' or whether these are the same as the '3'. I placed an order for Mazda 5 springs.
Anthony

your 5 is awesome, and as i've said before, i love the old Mazda in the street too.

what's that black lip on the front of the 5? got more pics of it?

Anyone have issues with Camber, especially in the rear, after lowering their 5?

Yes...with the H&R springs I had big time negative camber in the rear.
I used the MazdaSpeed camber adjustment plates to bring this back in alignment. The dealer used the mazdaspeed camber adjustment plates for the Mazda3...Cost me a bundle but it definitely straigntened out the negative camber issue.
Anthony

your 5 is awesome, and as i've said before, i love the old Mazda in the street too.

The lip on the '5' is a splitter I got from a buddy on the MPVCLUB forum.
It just screws into the existing bumper and is an easy install. His name is mazdaspeed02mpv...you can PM him on the forum to see if he has any in stock.
As for the Mazda 323 GT on the street...it's my baby...I actually use it more often than the Mazda5 these days, but will park it for the Winter.....I installed a set of 240SX wheels on it over the summer so it sits a bit better.
Anthony

Attachments

• IMGP1310.JPG
    IMGP1310.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 1,795
Typically, the camber issue is an overseas problem. Just keep the correct psi, and rotate often, and you'll be fine.

What?!
What makes lowering a vehicle 'overseas' any different to lowering a vehicle i north america?? (uhm)

And if you'retalking about this camber...
157ywko.gif

...it didn't happen by accident because the guy lowered his car.
That camber is intentional.

What?!
What makes lowering a vehicle 'overseas' any different to lowering a vehicle i north america?? (uhm)

And if you'retalking about this camber...
157ywko.gif

...it didn't happen by accident because the guy lowered his car.
That camber is intentional.

VIP Style is what they call that...

Here's another shot of the front splitter as requested...This is an older shot was taken last winter with the stock wheels and winter tires........I haven't taken any photos recently..
Anthony

Attachments

• Mazda5_Lip.jpg
    Mazda5_Lip.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 6,759
No, no, no. I meant the "Tire Wear Issue" is widely reported overseas. Not due to lowering, though.

I suspect you just had one of those 'Senior's Moments' my friend....I turned 40 the other day and have been having them on a daily basis...
Anthony

No. I assumed that if one lowered their car, they'd ensure the alignment was good. (headshake

(stooges) I guess it was wrong to assume that a person performing mods on their car, would pay attention to such trivial details. The ol' Saab community has a plethora of DIY info posted.

Maybe we're drinking from two different fountains, but I was under the impression that the "overseas" Mazda5s with the tire wear problems were Mazda5s that were not lowered.
But I'm probably wrong, so carry on Mr. l33t.
Kudos to the saab folks.

Maybe we're drinking from two different fountains, but I was under the impression that the "overseas" Mazda5s with the tire wear problems were Mazda5s that were not lowered.
But I'm probably wrong, so carry on Mr. l33t.
Kudos to the saab folks.

You're right Saint...the overseas tire wear problem had nothing to do with lowering the car.
And I did pay attention to the alignment, hence the installation of the camber adjustment plates.
In hindsight, I would not have lowered the '5' had I know of all the alignment worries and expense I would have to go through...Ah well, live and learn.
Anthony

Latest posts

Back