GP Light Weight Protege pulleys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got all my pulleys today. They look great and my son likes them too.

Medieval, when I sent back my crank pulley, I didn't put any paperwork in the box.

pa170693so8.jpg

pa170700to5.jpg

Here's the original one I got from another vendor here.
p9280563aq8.jpg

p9280565or9.jpg

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I just wanted to share my disguist for people selling the old power steering pulley. I guess too many people can't be trusted. Brach sent out the replacement pullies in good faith. This shows why it is needed for you to send in your original pulley to get a replacement. What is to stop this person from asking for a replacement pulley too.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I just wanted to share my disguist for people selling the old power steering pulley. I guess too many people can't be trusted. Brach sent out the replacement pullies in good faith. This shows why it is needed for you to send in your original pulley to get a replacement. What is to stop this person from asking for a replacement pulley too.

There is more people that do it than many think. We have replaced 15 more PS pulleys than we orginally made with the first patch. This is why policy's change.

Last edited:
Still never rec'd a crank pulley......got the replacement for the large pulley(cant even remember which is which its been so long) but no crank at all.

So, what is wrong with the first batch? I believe I had purchased one on the first run, havent installed yet, its in storage? Do they have a different design? And which pulley are we talking about, the PS pulley from that ebay pic, something wrong with them?

Last edited:
First run of the crank pulley had screws that didn't withstand the forces IIRC, would shear off, then your crank position wheel would be spinning about, resulting in utterly screwed timing.

Anybody else getting really bad (but pretty short lived) belt squeal? They're properly tensioned, and I'm having a hard time diagnosing what the problem is exactly. Tempted to rough up the polished PS pulley, as I suspect that might have something to do with it.

Anybody else getting really bad (but pretty short lived) belt squeal? They're properly tensioned, and I'm having a hard time diagnosing what the problem is exactly. Tempted to rough up the polished PS pulley, as I suspect that might have something to do with it.

i had that little bit of squeal with my alternator pulley for a while and then the pulley broke

yeah i get it too. especially when i turn the A/C on. i just assumed it was from spilling P/S fluid on the A/C pulley when i removed the pump.

First run of the crank pulley had screws that didn't withstand the forces IIRC, would shear off, then your crank position wheel would be spinning about, resulting in utterly screwed timing.

and/or destroyed CPS.... P.S, don't buy one form autozone, they sell garbage sensors that don't work, go to advanced auto, they sell borg warner sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back