Always smoke during hard acceleration...

camrycev6

:
MS3 - sport
Hi all,

I have noticed that everytime I push my MS3 hard, I get a moderate amount of white / gray smoke. It is only visible if you are looking for it, or if someone is behind you at night. (You can see the smoke in their headlights.) I have tested the theory by having a friend drive behind me (It wasn't hard...she was just in a regular Mazda 6....) and I purposely drove her hard. Now, I haven't noticed any problems with the car at all. Gas mileage is fine, the power is good, but it just seems odd. I noticed it as well when it was getting Dyno'd too. Anyone else (hopefully everyone) notice this?

Hi all,

I have noticed that everytime I push my MS3 hard, I get a moderate amount of white / gray smoke. It is only visible if you are looking for it, or if someone is behind you at night. (You can see the smoke in their headlights.) I have tested the theory by having a friend drive behind me (It wasn't hard...she was just in a regular Mazda 6....) and I purposely drove her hard. Now, I haven't noticed any problems with the car at all. Gas mileage is fine, the power is good, but it just seems odd. I noticed it as well when it was getting Dyno'd too. Anyone else (hopefully everyone) notice this?

yes...its soot...the car runs craaaazy rich. taadaa.

.....(It wasn't hard...she was just in a regular Mazda 6....) and I purposely drove her hard.....
(chair)

Ok sorry that part of your post distracted me....

I agree what you are seeing is probably just the rich exhaust.... the smoke is coming from the tailpipe right and not the engine compartment?

I was wondering if anyone caught that!! A careful play on words.... Seriously, my female friend was driving a 2005 Mazda 6. I joked with her about trying to keep up. She apparently didn't know anything about the Speed 3 because she said it wouldn't be a problem. Let's just say I had to accelerate and brake quite often during the test...

Back