Cartridge Filter Dilemma

BTW, the best solution to this problem is to spend the $50 or so and retrofit to "old" style metal can filters.

Rick

I think I would be wary before you do that and talk to your local dealer who would do your warranty work.

If they don't approve and you have an engine failure that is going to be the first thing they point their finger at.

Good point astra: Even if it is a manufactures part and YOU installed it, that may open the door to blaming your instalation. There may be other issues involved such as with the cartridge the pressure relief valve is in the engine? Where is the pressure relief valve in engines with the spin on filter. I would ask if they will install the unit and warranty it.

i asked my dealer directly when i swapped my cartridge style to a normal spin on if it would have any issue with my warranty. he said some dealers might, but they wouldnt have any problem with it since it was all OEM mazda parts.

its been on over two years, and was worth it. and its not 50 bux, its right under 30 to do.

you couldnt pay me money to convert back to the old style. the internal cartridge filters are a joke, just as this thread, and so many others prove!

Oem

I changed my oil right at 750 miles, the factory oem filter had the "hourglass" shape to it. So, even the oem filter do this, at least from the factory. ???

Newer OEM are MotorCraft. The older OEM were a reguler Mazda. The older style did not hourglass I'm told.

it should work in all reality. its probably going to be the same kit as the one we use for the DISI mazdaspeed3 and 6, but i am going to check the parts VS what the dealer says before i say yay or nay.

So is it the same kit and if so where is it listed on your website??

BD

Not much responce around this site i see (shrug)

Changed me earl & filter yesterday for the 1st time and about 1hr later finished. The OEM filter had a 1/4 turn twist upon removal.

BD

What OEM filter? The origional "Mazda" or the newer MotorCraft? We need to have a list of "non deformed filters" My origional Mazda did not distort. My Wix did not distort. Maybe we should start a new thread named "Undistorted filters"?

What OEM filter? The original "Mazda" or the newer MotorCraft? We need to have a list of "non deformed filters" My origional Mazda did not distort. My Wix did not distort. Maybe we should start a new thread named "Undistorted filters"?

I purchased a NEW 07 just 2 weeks ago so not knowing what it comes with i'll guess and say Mazda OEM. I've searched my area for Wix but sadly none to be found so i purchased 6 Puorlator Pure One's.

BD

Back