All Weather Mats?

I bought a set at Costco. They fit perfectly and were only 20 bucks

Does the one from Costco have two holes to fit the hooks?
If not, according to Toyota's recent recall on all all-weather mats, it may cause the gas pedal to jam and result in un-controllable acceleration.
Of course, I don't believe in Toyota's claim. (I think Toyota has a bigger electronic control system problem - probably related to cruise control.).
However, be careful of installing of all-weather mats.

We have had ours since the first few weeks of ownership and have now had the CX9 for 2.5 years and only use the all weather mats. We still have zero wear issues. They still look like new.

18 Months and going strong. Absolutely no wear on mine either. Driven every day too.

Perhaps there was a bad batch?

I have universal all weather mats up front and have the Mazda 2nd and 3rd row all weather mats in the back.

They are a pain to put in but a flat head screw driver works pretty well.

The 2nd and 3rd row mats are pretty durable. I've had them about a year and no damage yet.

I've got the Weathertech FloorLiner(?) fronts and cargo tray, and they're great. Highly recommended.

I think they'll eventually do the rear seat mats as well.

I emailed WeatherTech recently and they are developing a 2nd and 3rd row rubber mat for the CX-9. They said it would be ready in 2-3 months.

Weathertech 2nd and 3rd row liners

I just installed the new Weathertech digitalfit one piece liner for the 2nd and 3rd row and it looks great. Much better than the oem, easy to install and great coverage.

I have another set, new in the box (black) that I put in the marketplace if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
jas - don't by chance have additional set of the first row liners too do you?

Anyone know if the liners fit for an '08 are the same as the '09? I was looking at Husky Liners (cheaper alternative to Weathertech) but it appears they don't have any 'designed' for the '09 model.

'09 should be the same as '08.
I am not aware of any changes in '09 that would have affected the floormat design.

BTW, I have been using OE all-weather floormat since new for almost two years now.
No visible wear so far.

OK. But improperly secured floormats are causing a HUGE headache for Toyota now.
(massive recalls for 3.8 millions of Toyotas)
I am sure their executives would totally disagree with you.
As long as you like it....

Haven't had the OEM mats long enough to comment on durability but they do seem less substantial than others I've seen. I can say they they are fairly shallow and don't contain nearly as much snow/water as the OEM mats I had on my last Subaru.

I have the Husky and have loved them in the past two cars.

Bought the wife the entire set (front, back, cargo) of Weathertech for her CX-7 and love them MUCH better than mine. They are more stylized, nicer rubber and not as utilitarian looking as the Huskys. I guess that's what you get for almost $300.

I just bought the WeatherTech Liners for both the front row and cargo area behind 2nd row.

Does anyone know of a good liner/mat for the 2nd row only? I don't really want the 2nd/3rd row combined mat as I have no plans to use the 3rd row ever.

Thanks for any help!

I have to say that the Weathertech Liners for the front row are the best I've had, full coverage!

My Cargo Liner is supposed to arrive tomorrow finally!

No suggestions out there for a good second row mat/liner without the 3rd row?

I'm now had the OEM set of mats for over 3 years and nearly 65K miles. I have worn a hole in the center of the driver's mat. All others get less wear and tear and look fine. I can't say whether this speaks to durability or not. Under the driver's feet is a high wear area. But on the other hand, the OEM rubber mats on my last Subaru looked as good as new after 55K miles. I think they should be more durable but they do work well and fit perfectly.

Can't speak about carpet mats but my oem rubber mats are still in great shape for over 5 years now. Anyway, you would expect more wear for carpet mats than rubber one.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

I am hoping that someone can help me with this question. When you bought your mazda did you get a carpeted floor mat for the cargo area? I could have sworn that i had one when i bought the car. The only reason i ask is because i saw one on ebay and i thought that i had one also. Any input would be appreciated.

I am hoping that someone can help me with this question. When you bought your mazda did you get a carpeted floor mat for the cargo area? I could have sworn that i had one when i bought the car. The only reason i ask is because i saw one on ebay and i thought that i had one also. Any input would be appreciated.

No, there is no carpeted mats for cargo. It would be an optional. I bought rubber one for mine.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

I have a OEM Mazda carpeted mat for the cargo area. It wasnt something included originally, but you could add it on with Mazda for an extra fee. It even has the Mazda CX9 logo embroidered into it.

I want to say they were like $120 or so. I bought mine, along with the optional rubber cargo mats also, and in all truth, never really used the carpeted one as the rubber has worked fine.

so I don't think anyone addressed the main issue with aftermarket mats ....these don't allow to slide 2nd row ...do they??? sounds to me like best option is weathertechs for 1st and 3rd row and OEM for 2nd lol

Back