Glow in the Dark Paint

orphman

:
2003.5 tit. grey msp
Ok....i can get Glow in the dark paint....

wood... metal ... concrete... not plastic.

im not sure of whom if any would be interested.. but you could do some pretty cool things with it if you like night time attention on your ride. or whatever you want around the house etc... whatever...
If you are interested let me know . ITs not cheap but not too $$$ thinking about doing the lip of my rims . Glow will last 12 hrs. PM me if interested.

-orph

Would it work on bumpers with a base color under it?? It would be cool to do ghost flames in glow paint.

i would assume yes... clear coat over ghost them into a yellow or off yellow green. or what ever... you want more info..? PM me

A fews years ago there was a guy with an orange civic hatchback at a Carlisle show that had the whole car painted with this paint. I think I still have a picture I will try to find it and post it up.

That would be cool... however its prob from a dif mfg'r. this is a new prod. i can get in aresol form or can to be inserted into a paint gun... im pretty sure im going to do the lip of my rims ... so it will basically be unseen unitll the evening hrs...

the house of kolors glow in the dark paint is nice it just fades and stop working really quick def. not for a daily use car

First, let me disclose that I work for Glow Inc, a company that sells glow in the dark pigments and paints to manufacturers.

I dont know what brand the original poster is offering, so I can not speak on the longevity of their product.

But there is a misconception that all glow in the dark products fade after a year, especially in sunlight.

This is true for Zinc Sulfide, a pigment popular in the 70's. It is still often used due to low cost.

But Strontium Aluminate and the other, newer technologies do not fade from sunlight. In fact, they will only loose 5% glow over 10 years assuming the medium has been created properly.

Of course, like anything else, the Strontium Aluminate comes in grades which mostly determines the brightness, not the durability.

Typical phosphorescent pigment can be mixed into standard clear coat at about 10%. But settling can be a problem and it will require constant agitation. The simpleist solution is to work in small batches and swirl as you spray.

High-end glow pigments are not ever found in aerosol cans simply because the particles are too large to flow smoothly through aerosol nozzles.

Here are some links to pictures of "glow cars" that I have found on the web:

http://car.solnew.com/2007/05/25/toyota-mrs-glow-in-the-dark/
http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/archives/Meisterklasse_Presse.jpg
http://www.twekd1.com/

You can read more about the glow in the dark pigments here:
Strontium Aluminate

Thanks,
Daniel Clark

ok... dont forget if you want $$ info on areosol version in a 20 oz can hit me up with a pm... if your interested in gallons or what not qts... non areosol let me know...

again... this is very good product. if you are interested in even knowing more let me know. you can use this stuff anywhere.. not just your car... daily bump.. thank you for those whom responded with interest.

-orph

Back