I'm starting to hate driving

DeadGeneration

Contributor
:
'04 RX8
I was behind the wheel 7 times today in short trips that totaled less then 40 minutes all together. In that short time at least 10 very stupid things happened, all different drivers, all different times of the day, all during my different short 5 minute driving experiences. None of those things involved me making a mistake, but potentially I could be dead right now x10. I am starting to hate driving with a passion. It's no fun when some thing that makes you go "wtf" happens every few minutes.

Drive at night only? lol

Well I try to avoid driving in rush hour at all costs, people are stupid when trying to get home from work. Plus I have a company vehicle for getting to and from work so hopefully I can keep this MS6 longer than 2 weeks before someone rear ends me and writes it off!

i understand what you mean. i drive my car for work and i get so damn tired after traveling 100 miles a day to 5+ different locations, and thats just at work, then get home, go to the store etc. i hate it, but then i love my pro5

Yea. I am down here in FL and the laws are changing in another 60 days to finally get rid of no-fault.

The rules of the road are simple. If you are making a right hand turn you have the right of way, if you are making a left hand turn then you wait. If you need to make a turn, make sure you slow down enough. When the light turns green, go. Pulling over a truck towing a semi-trailer at 30 mph onto uneven grass/road/ditch is a bad idea. Fire truck coming suddenly changes the light to red, so me stopping partly in the middle of the intersection should be a clue to the person behind me, that we aren't going any where for a bit.

I feel your pain...it's not even just during my work commute, but just out and about running errands. Too much multi-tasking in the car opens up the potential for people to not be paying attention to what they're supposed to be doing safely - DRIVING!

Yeesh...

I use my mirrors, keep a lookout all around and try to intuit what stupid thing the people around me are going to do next...

Drive at night only? lol

Well I try to avoid driving in rush hour at all costs, people are stupid when trying to get home from work. Plus I have a company vehicle for getting to and from work so hopefully I can keep this MS6 longer than 2 weeks before someone rear ends me and writes it off!
I agree, I take the subway to school and work. I NEVER want to associate driving with traffic or something boring. (this also helps me keep my love of manual transmissions;)) Plus there are more stupid people around during rush hour.

The intersection right in front of my apartment is an accident waiting to happen. It is a 4 way intersection with a light but for some reason people assume if you are coming out of an apartment complex and going straight you should wait for opposing traffic to turn left. I get honked at on average 1 time a week from some ass hat thinking they own the road. I just slow down, roll down the window, stick my arm out and extend middle finger.

It pisses me off that people coming out of the complex sometimes yield to people turning left going the other way when they are trying to make a right hand turn or go straight. ******* retards :(

I also ride public transportation and live about a mile from the train station but it doesn't help all the retards are concentrated in that short stretch of road.

I feel your pain...it's not even just during my work commute, but just out and about running errands. Too much multi-tasking in the car opens up the potential for people to not be paying attention to what they're supposed to be doing safely - DRIVING!

Yeesh...

I use my mirrors, keep a lookout all around and try to intuit what stupid thing the people around me are going to do next...

that is exactly what I have to do here, South Florida is not know for having the best drivers...

This is one of the reasons I now have a truck. people dont do nearly as many stupid things around me any longer

I feel your pain! I work doing Real Estate so commuting via mass transit isn't even a remote possibility for me.

I also happen to do most of my work in Hudson County is the most crowded conglomeration of idiot drivers you could ever imagine. And not only that they don't give a damn about anyone else. Why would they when most of their cars look like they're used for demolition derby on the weekends?

And really to get around in any reasonable amount of time you do have to drive crazy to a certain extent but some people make some really poor decisions! It's like driving around in NYC except most of the streets are 100X narrower (think old horse and carriage streets no joke).

And then when it comes to parking...ugh. Hopefully this year I will be able to buy a work truck so I don't have to worry about that because people almost always park by feel around there.

I'm glad I don't commute in my car. Like someone else said people getting to/from work are ******* nuts.

i feel your pain!
my commute is on one of the busiest and most dangerous roads in the country..
about 170,000 cars riding about 25 miles....
"Since 1991, the state has permitted the use of the emergency shoulders as rush-hour travel lanes. However, many transportation experts believe that the shoulder lanes are at best a short-term measure to increase capacity, and at worst a safety and operational hazard."

DEDHAM -- A truck accident on Route 128 South yesterday destroyed part of an overpass, tied up traffic for miles, and knocked out countless weekend plans for the second Saturday in a row.

<!-- BEGIN BOX: Content, stnBoxId #9132064 (boxTypeId #17), Cached: yes --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=Box_9132064_Tb cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=left><TD class=Box_9132064_Td width="100%">
662831.jpg

Massive backups after motorist injured on Rt.128
(from a loose manhole cover)
drivers in our state are loving referred to as massholes! great huh?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back