Has n e one bought a portable navi?

so i just bought myself a portable pioneer navi, and was wondering if n e one has bought either this one or any other model, id like to get some feedback as to if it works well...
Snooky

I went a different route after spending a few weeks in England last year and seeing what many people there use due to the evil speed cameras.

I bought a Dell Axim X51V PDA and run Tom Tom on it. I added a 2 GB memory card to hold the program and maps. I have a powered PDA holder and a solar powered GPS receiver that talks to the Axim via Bluetooth. It has a battery that lasts at least 12 hours, so there are no wires.

I used it in my old F-150 and my wife's Explorer with a windshield mount, but I need something different in the MS6.

i race my car alot.. every pound counts at the track. 100lbs is .1 off ur 1/4 mile time ruffly.. which could be the difference of being in the 13's to hitting a 12.9. but ur right the portable ones are light in weight but the it being a weight issue was my opinion.

wow... every pound counts man, you're right. Doesn't matter if you win by and inch or a mile, winning is winning. [/sarcasm]

seriously, I hope you're joking...

Just picked up my 07 Speed6 last week with no navi... Being directionally deficient I cant survive witout one so I was at Best Buy and they have the TomTom ONE on sale for $199. At that price you cant beat it. Picked one up and its a great unit....

Just picked up my 07 Speed6 last week with no navi... Being directionally deficient I cant survive witout one so I was at Best Buy and they have the TomTom ONE on sale for $199. At that price you cant beat it. Picked one up and its a great unit....

$199!!!!!!!!

thats a sweet price,

my pioneer is a real piece of sh!t

the thing freezes all the time, and when your in traffic for long periods of time it'll go to a screen saver (witch is the directional how to use instructional video) and when you interupt it to go back to the map, it shuts off....

im getting my money back and getting a garmin!

i have a portable nav (Garmin Streetpilot C330), had it for 2 years now, and it has more than paid for itself in saving me time and getting me to places far and away.

Once you go GPS you never go back :D

I vouch what this man is saying I have the same and its awesome garmin i feel is the best one out there currently besides what is offered from factory. I would dip into the Nuvi line though since they have more options and are small, they cost more though.

i'm still waiting for the price to continue dropping. it will probably be on my list next year.

I can see a black friday navi for 100-120 bucks, no? Getting your hands on it is another story...

Back