Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

Do all the rear seats come out??

I am in the market for a wagon/car and am interested in this great looking mazda5.......it will work for us IF all the rear seats fold flat.

Is this the case? I couldn't tell by looking at the inside and all the dealers are closed!
I am looking for flat cargo space for 2 large dogs. This car is so cool, I hope it will work!

Anyone have big dogs in this car?

I am in the market for a wagon/car and am interested in this great looking mazda5.......it will work for us IF all the rear seats fold flat.

Is this the case? I couldn't tell by looking at the inside and all the dealers are closed!
I am looking for flat cargo space for 2 large dogs. This car is so cool, I hope it will work!

Anyone have big dogs in this car?

The 3 options:

No%205.jpg

I've seen cargo covers/liners for options 1 and 2, but for the 3rd option I have not. I saw however a Rondo (or a 3 row seater SUV, don't recall) with that somewhere but the owner just bought a large piece of rugged car type carpet (Walmart?, Autozone?) and cut it to fit. It may actually work better because in that way you just roll it back when not needed.

04_M3_CargoTrayB1.gif

This one is from mazdastuff(dot)com

Good luck!

ooo, i like that tray in the picture. i might hafta get one.

edit: 'cept i don't see it on their website.

Last edited:
Then I could get this car! I think the dogs would have a hard time with the captains chairs and the spaces around them.

!

I have a pretty large boxer named Diesel 28-1/2" at the shoulder, 109 lbs. He rides great in the captain chairs, but he's been in there with the seats down, and rode alright, he could stand up. Huge back windows, that go all the way down, for him to hang his head out. We cover the captains chairs with a blanket, seen him once step in the space, hasn't done it since.

Last edited:
Mazda5 vs. 1st gen Honda Odyssey

Yeah, those were the times when these things were versatile, yet not huge. Many people compare them to the Mazda5 in size, which actually is kind of true now that I see it. Parked next to one the other day (phone pics)

BTW, Sliding doors rule ;)

mazda5_vs_1st_gen_odyssey_1.jpg

mazda5_vs_1st_gen_odyssey_2.jpg

1st Gen Honda Odyssey:
Wheelbase, in. 111.4
Overall Length, in. 187.2
Overall Width, in. 70.6
Overall Height, in. 64.6
Curb Weight, lbs. 3450

2nd Gen Premacy, now Mazda5
Wheelbase, in. 108.3
Overall Length, in. 181.5
Overall Width, in. 69.1
Overall Height, in. 64.2
Curb Weight, lbs. 3333

real messurements.

One of the things that frustrated me when researching the mazda5 was the lack of real interior messurements, so now that I own one (2008 sport,) I'm going to try to correct that:

m5dimentions-1-500.jpg

length with 2nd row folded: 67"
height to bottom of rear window: 20"
height of rear opening: 33 3/4"
width of rear opening: 41"

m5dimentions-2-500.jpg

width on narrowest place in cargo area: 40"
length to 3rd row (on cargo floor): 13"
length to 2nd row: 41"
length from cargo center to passenger dash: 122"

^^^ Wow, cool info! The only thing I know is that it is IKEA compliant (wife terms)

Thanks and welcome to the forums!

Mitsu Expo vs. Mazda5

This was a fun little photo comparison I did for everyone. This is rather unusual to find both of these cars together. I just happened to borrow one for a day. Man 15 years makes a HUGE difference in NVH in vehicle design. The Expo is like a tin can compared to the Mazda.

I'm stealing CoolMazda5's specs...

2nd Gen Premacy, now Mazda5
Wheelbase, in. 108.3
Overall Length, in. 181.5
Overall Width, in. 69.1
Overall Height, in. 64.2
Curb Weight, lbs. 3333

1994 Mitsubishi Expo AWD
Wheelbase, in. 107.1
Overall Length, in. 177.4
Overall Width, in. 66.7
Overall Height, in. 63.2
Curb Weight, lbs. 3285

DSCF3653.JPG.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/rexweatherford/ExpoAndMazda5

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Mitsu Expo!!!... I still like them. I had one. I liked the flat floor and easily removable seat. Wish the 5 was like that.

Oh. I borrowed a kid too... (I'll soon have a new baby seat to put in there somewhere)

Good pic. Yes, the Mazda5 can carry 6 adults from time to time, no problem, but I think this is one of the best seating scenarios for its design: kids! (specially the 3rd row seat)

Oh yeah, and that penguin is riding on style as well, that makes it potentially 7 passengers total, forget the Karakuri seat, LOL

Mazda5 Sliding Door Opening Dimensions

Opening width; ~700mm = 27.56in
Floor to door: ~389mm = 15.31in

Also, not indicated in the screenshot, but the opening height is ~1082mm = 42.6in

mazda5_sliding_door_opening_dimensions.jpg

Source:
http://4a.mazda.com

i wish my bike would stand along the side with the front wheel off so i don't have to lay it down like that. the seat hits the ceiling.

^^ Yeah, I still remember the "clown" bicycle comment, LOL

I think the article is also somehow highlighting that through one of the pics:

2403697862_b7b14110cf.jpg

yup, that's about what my bike looks like - a 56cm frame with a fair amount of seat post. Fail.

Latest posts

Back