Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

Here are some pics from last year's camping trip.

When you jam pack the interior - one must go outside!!

That's the full size Yakima SpaceCase, not the smaller RocketBox. This year I'm looking to exchange that 3-bike rack for a 4-bike rack.

I'll likely get a few odd looks cruising down the highway again this summer!!!!

PS - that's a Yakima roof rack system with 48" bars.

Attachments

• LoadedUp001.jpg
    LoadedUp001.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 2,194
  • LoadedUp002.jpg
    LoadedUp002.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,594
Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the cargo capacity cubic footage with the 3rd row down? The Mazda Canada site says about 850 litres and the American site says 44.4 cu. feet. 850 litres is about 30 cu. ft. so the numbers don't add up. Anyone?

Can anyone confirm the cargo capacity cubic footage with the 3rd row down? The Mazda Canada site says about 850 litres and the American site says 44.4 cu. feet. 850 litres is about 30 cu. ft. so the numbers don't add up. Anyone?

According to cars.com:
  • 11.7 cubic feet behind the third-row seat for any luggage when those six seats are occupied
  • If it's not carrying six occupants, the Mazda5's measly cargo area can be expanded to 44 cubic feet by folding the third-row seat down.
  • With both the second and third-row seats folded, there's 89.3 cubic feet of cargo room

That's the full size Yakima SpaceCase, not the smaller RocketBox. This year I'm looking to exchange that 3-bike rack for a 4-bike rack.

Before I forget: (2thumbs) plus (wow)^2, awesome :D

Mazda5 and CX-9 Side by Side Pics. Ugly pics but to give you an idea

I'm getting a picture freak, I just need a decent camera and skills and I'm all set :D (My pics kind of suck at point)

Getting out of work found myself next to a CX-9. Those things are nice, but much larger and higher than I thought!

Some pics attached. I posted some pics of a CX-7 facing a Mazda5 earlier, so I think this complements the "big-brother" family scene.

pho_specs_cx9.jpg

pho_specs_mz5.jpg

Attachments

• mazda5_vs_cx-9.jpg 001.jpg
    mazda5_vs_cx-9.jpg 001.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,067
  • mazda5_vs_cx-9.jpg 002.jpg
    mazda5_vs_cx-9.jpg 002.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 960
  • mazda5_vs_cx-9.jpg 003.jpg
    mazda5_vs_cx-9.jpg 003.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 990
  • mazda5_vs_cx-9.jpg 004.jpg
    mazda5_vs_cx-9.jpg 004.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 911
Sliding Doors

Found in the Mazda Sweden site some time ago. I think the pic speaks by itself

mazda5_parking_slide_doors_versatility.jpg

Mike,

you make me want to be an outdoorzee. Im from Ky but the wife is all city and would rather stay at a hotel. Got a secret to convert the womenz?

Mike,

you make me want to be an outdoorzee. Im from Ky but the wife is all city and would rather stay at a hotel. Got a secret to convert the womenz?

No secret - just had to marry one in the first place. But if you're ever in BC - give me a shout and we'll head out to the mountains with a pair of bikes for a ride you won't soon forget!!

When the world flips on its axis like its supposed to because of global warming, we may all be up there one day ;-)

Bikes...Havent ridden one in 14 years :-(

But if you're ever in BC - give me a shout and we'll head out to the mountains with a pair of bikes for a ride you won't soon forget!!

And no worries fam, once you get there mazdaFIVEmike will make sure everything fits in ONE car for the trip (first) ;)

Mazda5 IKEA compliance...

You see? Not just talking IKEA non-sense :D, my wife measured the car when we bought it for IKEA stuff. Here is an example...

Those are a couple of multipurpose shelves and, as usual, "SOME" assembly is required (homework).

Not easy to see, but the small stroller is folded in the "aisle" between the 2 seats. In order to close the liftgate I needed to move the driver's seat 1-2 positions though...

mazda5_ikea_compliance_02.jpg

I can tell you that 4x8 drywall does NOT fit. Lol. Took me forever to clean up all the drywall dust from having to break it. Just a few more inches and I would have been golden. I have overused both my 5's for retarded journeys of which no 5 should ever be subjected to.

I can tell you that 4x8 drywall does NOT fit.

Roof Racks!

I think people could learn to pack better sometimes. Out '01 Toyota ECHO has seen cargo that should never have been put into suck a tiny vehicle! The wife managed to squeeze in a 5 foot tall cat condo! (I REALLY wish she would have taken a photo) I have taken many Lowes/Home Depot trips as well. I once managed to get in a 4x4x8 foot fence post and a couple 8 foot 2x4s with the trunk closed. The boards were about 1/2 inch from the dash, but securely in there! I also managed to get 3 of the 4 16" snows/rims for the 5 into the trunk and with enough time I think I gould have gotten all 4 in there.Now that we have the 5, I imagine we'll find all sorts of zany things to put in there. So far I have gotten in a fully assembled rocking chair with seating for 3 left...

Last edited:
i fit a standard sized pressed steel bathtub in mine with the hatch closed. it was pretty sweet and im now kicking myself for not getting a picture of it. Its blows me away sometimes when i see how versatile this little car is.

Found in the Mazda Sweden site some time ago. I think the pic speaks by itself

mazda5_parking_slide_doors_versatility.jpg

I live in sweden and this is how it often looks here! People doesn't seem to know how they park their cars. Thank God I got my Mazda 5!

Just out of curiosity, how come you looked at the swedish mazda site?

I live in sweden and this is how it often looks here! People doesn't seem to know how they park their cars. Thank God I got my Mazda 5!

Just out of curiosity, how come you looked at the swedish mazda site?

No worries, on this side of the pond we have the same issue. Problem is that in Europe the spaces are more reduced in average :D

I ended up on the site because I have a couple of coworkers who are from Nordic countries. One is from Sweden (Is the name Leif common there?) and the other one is from Denmark. Once we discussed cars so to show them what mine is like the local Mazda web sites came up to mind. Once I logged in there I realized there are some cool things that I could take :D.

My Swedish is as good as my Danish though ;)

Expiring coupons huh? Grocery shopping...

I won't lie, if there were 2 kids they would have had to carry some bags on their lap. We packed stuff in every single corner, but made it so far (yes)

mazda5_grocery_shopping_1.jpg

mazda5_grocery_shopping_2.jpg

Back