Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

Look at Dodge's new 08 Grand Caravan. It has a table and the second row seats swivel around so that they and the third row passengers can all sit back there and play cards. Very cool.

photogall_rt_26.jpg

wonder how well that'll workout with me flingin around corners... maybe a metal table and magnetic cars FTW (rockon)

Mazda5 and CX-7 Side to Side Pics

CX-7, a nice Mazda crossover which never came to mind to compare with the Mazda5, yet I had the chance to park next to one while in Home Depot so I took some ugly phone pics.

Yeah, I know the CX-7 is a "big" guy compared to the Mazda5 but looks bigger than I initially thought (I guess the taller hood profile and the SUV nature are the cause). Not big fan of SUVs but wouldn't mind the CX-7 for a drive :cool:

Anyway, not too much of useful cargo information, but FWIW (naughty)

Mazda.jpg

Mazda2.jpg

pho_specs_mz5.jpg

pho_specs_cx7.jpg

I didn't realize the Mz5 and CX-7 were that close together - thanks!

3rd gen MPV/Mazda8 for comparison, which shares parts with the CX-7:

length: 4868mm = 191.6"
width: 1850mm = 72.8"
height: 1685mm = 66.3"
wheelbase: 2950mm = 116.1"
weight: 1770kg = 3902 lbs

http://www.mazda.com.hk/showroom/m8/mazda8_09.html

(2thumbs). So, the MPV is called Mazda8 in HK. That is a superb Mini-van (with a decent length). I think that for the US and Canada it would be nice to have back (and would clarify a little bit more about the Mazda5 car class), yet, at the same time, as a double sword, it would hurt the Mazda5 sales in the interim. Mazda may not be that unplugged on knowledge of this particular market after all. For 3+ kids with a lot of cargo needs, that would be a great choice IMO.

How tall is the opening from the rear hatch door? That is, could I fit something around 3 feet tall inside the back?

helped a friend move. man i love this car.

Attachments

• DSCN0339 post.jpg
    DSCN0339 post.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 2,192
  • DSCN0340 post.jpg
    DSCN0340 post.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2,126
coolmazda5: Thanks for the dimensions. Is there *anyway* to get something 36" tall to fit in there?

Well, we've been in the mist of moving for the past week and the 5 has been a real trooper. Over the weekend we did about 7 trips back and forth, full to the brim.The wife has been doing 2 roundtrips during the weekdays.
Can't compare to what our Odyssey could carry but this thing still has versatility. This weekend is the big move but that will mostly be taken cared of by a rental truck.

The 5 does it again.........

.....this time we bought an armchair at Cost Plus Imports. It was about 33x34x something. I measure the cargo area with the second row still up and it was close. When we loaded the chair, it was VERY close! The chair looked like a fitted piece of luggage in the cargo area ! JUST right. (headbang)

^^ Yup! Aren't those to envy (silly)? The worst part is that for the cargo model (Denmark) they have no use (unless your freight takes coffee in the morning)...

The initial tip came from one of our MZ5 fellow members from Denmark, here you go:
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3330963&postcount=16

Now, I tried them once and they are for kids, but hey, guess who's usually riding there? :D
it appears the "cargo model" is just a locally stripped out 5... you can see that the seat belt holes on the C pillars are still there... it wouldn't make sense to have the seat back tray tables nor rear interior trim there also if it was a factory built cargo van... the driver's seat rear guard also appears to be locally made... the parts catalog shows none of these parts nor show a 2 seater setup... the parts catalog only shows factory built parts of course, so any local modifications won't be in it

you mean 99-03 premacy? that's the old CP body style, not the CR which is the 5!

And what is your point? I'm not visually impaired to note that this is the 1st generation Premacy... yet many things stand, like its interior/cargo flexibility innit?

And I would mean 1999-2005 Premacy. The 2nd generation appeared until Summer of 2005 according to Wikipedia. If it is incorrect, I suggest to direct the issues to them. We never got it in this market so not a big deal for me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Premacy

The Sliding Door. MZ5's killer application

Used to be enjoyed exclusively by minivan owners, the sliding door
offers an advantage that MZ5 competition
takes for granted.

IMG_4433.JPG

Driver access to the baby seat is very easy
and safe.

Imagine if it was a Rondo. A swing door would
be hanging in the middle pillar..

2nd row seats - All the way back
Huge fricking Graco stroller - Lying 'flat'
Purchase of three 29" suitcases for vacation - Standing up, widthwise, side by side

I love this car...

I should have taken pictures yesterday. We had 5 people and 1.5 carts of grocerys in the car by folding one back seat down. Held as much as the back of my full size GM wagon.

First tank of fuel was 26 MPG in 15 degree F weather.

Back