Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

coolmazda5

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
These interior/cargo pics have been posted all over the place in these forums over time so I thought it was a good time to compile them, specially as Mazda5 newbies or potential buyers usually want to see some real case scenarios on how this car weathers different the cargo/load options. Not bad for its size huh? :D

Stroller in the back of the 3rd row (6 seater, 5 adults and a baby on car seat):

mazda5_stroller_001.jpg

mazda5_stroller_003.jpg

Long Trip w/Luggage (4 seater):

1.jpg

Swing Set box. Freight day (2 seater):

3.jpg

4.jpg

Lowe's Special (2 seater). Storm door, tools, tool storage...:

manfred_and_mazda_loaded%20002_small.jpg

here's only 2, but i can fit 4 pocketbikes and all my gear :)

Attachments

• DSCN1735 post.jpg
    DSCN1735 post.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 2,752
  • DSCN173 post7.JPG
    DSCN173 post7.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 2,443
I just had a couple of trips that were shocking.

I managed to get a load of 8-ft, 2 X 8s into the 5 at Home Depot.

Another time, we decided to "pop" in to Costco with 3 kids in tow. We filled the cart, plus the bottom rack of the cart. We still managed to get all of into the SuperMini with the 6-year old in one 3rd row seat, and the 21 month and 8 month old in the 2nd row. I was shocked! (spin)

^^ Yup! Aren't those to envy (silly)? The worst part is that for the cargo model (Denmark) they have no use (unless your freight takes coffee in the morning)...

The initial tip came from one of our MZ5 fellow members from Denmark, here you go:
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3330963&postcount=16

Now, I tried them once and they are for kids, but hey, guess who's usually riding there? :D

I think the folding tables would be a big hit in the US. I know I'd like them.

(iagree). I would not be surprised if they didn't make it due to safety hazard reasons or so. I can imagine seeing NHTSA tests results in the US with some crap like:

"Item unsafe for 2nd row passengers. The tray/table is able to be used while the vehicle is in motion. This could cause injuries to passenger(s)" ...or... "unsuitable accessory: hot liquids in tray's cup holders can fall into passenger's lap while the vehicle is in motion" (sleep) :D LOL

Last edited:
Look at Dodge's new 08 Grand Caravan. It has a table and the second row seats swivel around so that they and the third row passengers can all sit back there and play cards. Very cool.

photogall_rt_26.jpg

Last edited:
The dreaded GM CSV's (Uplander, Terraza, etc) have the folding 2nd row tray tables, so why can't we?

Is that a tray table? (scratch) it looks like a retractable magazine storage bin (like the plane "pocket" underneath the tray table). Regardless, that is also sweet (yes). Put something useful in there Mazda, come on! :D

Look at Dodge's new 08 Grand Caravan. It has a table and the second row seats swivel around so that they and the third row passengers can all sit back there and play cards. Very cool.

(boom05) OK, so forget my NHTSA theory, if that table can make it, then tray tables should be a Mazda5 option in NA (dunno)

More audio (cargo area) stuff. Originally posted by al_thegreat1:

I'll just leave the link itself, as the image is large to load as an thingie in the thread:

[url]http://i19.tinypic.com/2qlx55x.jpg[/url]

Originally posted by Mazda Premacy:

Does the 2004-2005 Mazda Premacy model need space for some extra speakers? Not a problem (drinks)

l_7bda38b6095f3af5b6c176b1da6b78ef.jpg

1518999939_l.jpg

l_819d6228203586a84119d87f1d0f8c43.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have pics of adult or kid's bikes stored inside ?
The pics from Europe of the 5 concept had a mountain bike upside down with the front wheel off with one second row seat folded.

Latest posts

Back