Speed Kills

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo_mr2006

:
07 Mazda Cx-7 Sport
Speeding is for the track it makes me sick hearing about and seeing these stories all the time

32092585.jpg

Heres the story

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/...-0824,0,4498235.story?coll=hc-utility-opinion

people who cant drive and who are irresponsible is what kills, not speed. Speed is ultimately the cause of this, but the problem is that people buy a car like this and rely on the car to drive them instead of them driving the car. But who knows he could have been a good driver and swerved to miss a deer. either way its horrible anytime something like this happens

Sad story. Most of us remember feeling invincible and fortunately survived that false perception period in life. Unfortunatley things happen whether your on the track or not. Just a tragic way to go.

wow thats really sad!!! Yeah speed is the cause of a lot of accidents!!! If you drive fast drive it either in the track with a lot of experience or in the highways but like i said with responsability and experience!!

people who cant drive and who are irresponsible is what kills, not speed. Speed is ultimately the cause of this, but the problem is that people buy a car like this and rely on the car to drive them instead of them driving the car. But who knows he could have been a good driver and swerved to miss a deer. either way its horrible anytime something like this happens

Nice rationalization.

Its this simple...faster you go reaction times shrink. I dont care if you are Mike Shumacher going too fast can reduce reaction times and expand the opportunities for problems.

This is very sad. I remember doing stupid stuff like this back when I was that age. I'm just glad the big guy was looking out for me.

weird my dads a respatory theropist at waterbury hospital, and he was on duty when this happined, he treated, the older couple who the subie crashed into. very sad story

Kids are kids. If they aren't beating the s*** out of each other such as in the 'this is terrible' thread, they are driving stupid on the road and not only killing themselves but other innocent people. I'm sorry but I have little pity for people street racing...

That is too bad.
Responsible driving everyone.
Similar incident happened to my high school buddies years back. They were in Fixed up Bimmer speeding/racing. One of them died and few were traumatized for few weeks in hospital.
Again, safe driving everyone.
RIP for the kids who had so much potential.

Yeah my dad told me about this and I have been meaning to look up the article. It is really sad. I have to agree that I have done some stupid things behind the wheel like everyone else has at one point or another and well driving over my limit is not one of them. My dad mentioned it to remind me of not to drive too crazy, which is true. I just wish there was better drivers training like they do in Germany, sure the test is harder but they expect more of you and because of this there are better drivers, or so I feel from my expierence last summer there.

My condolences to family, friends, and loved ones of those who have passed away.

Interesting...and sad.

Speeding is for the track it makes me sick hearing about and seeing these stories all the time

32092585.jpg

Heres the story

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/...-0824,0,4498235.story?coll=hc-utility-opinion

There was also another fatal crash with a Subie in MA. At first I thought it was the same accident, but that car was bright blue not gray. The driver wrapped it around a tree. Same sort of destruction. I'll try and find the article. Saw it on the news Thursday or Friday night.

No level of crashworthiness will save you if it's fast enough. Many cars simply vaporize.

This is a perfect argument for increasing the drving age to 20...IMO. I remember when I was that age. I got in a bunch of accidents becasue of miscalculations and stupidity. My poor MR2 was a mess. I'm just lucky I wasn't driving at speeds fast enough to destroy my ass.

It's very sad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back