Crappy MPG

uncletime

:
2007 MS3 GT Black Mica
I have been getting crappy gas milage lately and i havent changed anything..i.e driving habits, oil or gas.... i know i need a tire rotation but i dont think that could be the reason for my decrease in mpg... anyone have any ideas?

Tim

i average 20 to 21 but my computer sais 23 to 24, what are you averageing and are you relying on the computer, cuase you have to test mannually to get an accurate reading

no i dont like to rely on anything but good ol' math ... i was getting around 26-28 hway. (most of my driving = 90%) now im getting 23-24

Same here. I drive on the highway most of the time. Before i saw 26-30, and now its been 23-25. :(

I think it's because I overfilled the oil tank? Or what?

Uhh yeh :(

I will be doing an oil change soon though. And definitely will make sure to cap it at 6.

I think it's just our ecu's making crappy maps. For some reason they programed our ecu's to put out sub 10.1 a/f ratios. I think they just get worse the longer they have to set themselves. Try reseting your ecu back to the factory maps.

Just undo the neg. terminal on the battery for a few min. Worth a try anyways! The only other thing I can think of is that the gas companies are adding more and more ethenal into the gas without us knowing it.

I think it's just our ecu's making crappy maps. For some reason they programed our ecu's to put out sub 10.1 a/f ratios. I think they just get worse the longer they have to set themselves. Try reseting your ecu back to the factory maps.

Just undo the neg. terminal on the battery for a few min. Worth a try anyways! The only other thing I can think of is that the gas companies are adding more and more ethenal into the gas without us knowing it.

not a bad suggestion... i will try it right before my next fill up. you could be right about the gas comp.. i dont know how gas prices are around you but here in ct they have dropped a couple cents. i think they are just put bad fuel in the tanks. thats jmho though

not a bad suggestion... i will try it right before my next fill up. you could be right about the gas comp.. i dont know how gas prices are around you but here in ct they have dropped a couple cents. i think they are just put bad fuel in the tanks. thats jmho though

I've thought about that a few times. I mean how often is the gas tested to see if it has what they say it has in it. If anyone knows I'm all ears (eyes) lol

I'll be lucky if I get 20 mpg... I am the living testament to "pedal to the metal". Probably not good for public safety...but I really love my ms3 not to make it fly...

Back