After market trailer hitch

I also ruled out Valley due to its 4-bolts design. It just seemed weaker to me.
However, I am sure they tested it to get that rating (class III) so, it is up to you.

A similar argument was presented by Hidden saying that round pipes are stronger than square ones. So, go figure. I am no mechanical engineer, but it makes sense to me.

Don't forget to consider the stress on the car itself. Towing a trailer from 4 threaded attachment points vs. 6 will add stress to each point.

I guess it's a matter of personal choice, I don't want ending up loosing what I'm towing or worst can cause death to accident because something broke while I'm driving. On the issue of stressing the car I think following the towing capacity carefully will easily rule this issue out. Does this make any sense?

From marketing perspective, making a hitch with only 4 bolts while competitors have 6 is simply BAD MARKETING. Valley's marketing people should be spanked for that.
Consumers don't need scientific data. To them, it is simple enough.

Honda used to have 4 bolts on their wheels, while Toyota always have 5. I knew people who don't buy Honda just because of that. Strange, but who is there to argue?

Honda used to have 4 bolts on their wheels, while Toyota always have 5. I knew people who don't buy Honda just because of that. Strange, but who is there to argue?

That's not entirely true. I recall Paseo and older Corolla have 4 bolt pattern. Earlier Civics and CRX have 4 as well, but now only the Fit has 4 bolt pattern.

Similarly Toyota Yaris appears to be the only model that has 4 bolt pattern as well.

Are there any retail stores for hitches bike racks in Bellingham Washington? If you know one please response to this message thanks.

That's not entirely true. I recall Paseo and older Corolla have 4 bolt pattern. Earlier Civics and CRX have 4 as well, but now only the Fit has 4 bolt pattern.

Similarly Toyota Yaris appears to be the only model that has 4 bolt pattern as well.
My bad. I owned more Honda/Acura (4) than Toyota (1)

I recently installed the Valley hitch and it is designed to handle 4000 lbs of towing. Very well made and best looking IMO.
Think about the 5/8" hitch pin if you have a concern with the 4 bolt mounting set up.

Just installed the Curt Hitch, purchased form Amazon for $123, missed them on sale for $103. No oil coooler at this point, but I might consider it later. I don't typically tow a lot and definitely not for long distances.

Back