Power Steering - more assistance?

Silo

Hey, nobody call me whiny but my other car has a much lighter steering than the MS6 and I have a hard time adjusting to the steering (and clutch) all the time. :D

Seriously, a lighter steering would make the MS6 more agile IMHO. Is there any way of increasing the level of power steering assistance?

Geez... I knew this would cause some funny comments but I also hoped for some hints. I can handle it, don't worry!

Coming from a BMW 330i I think the steering is too light in the MS6 - not as much road feel as the bimmer so sorry can't agree with you there.

298_p36378.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean it's hard. I had cars with much heavier steering before. It just could be a little lighter when you turn in for a 90+ degrees turn. With my other car, which is a station wagon btw, I take a 135 turn that I have on my way to work much easier (literaly with one hand) then with the MS6.

SO, if there is any mod that can be done to the power steering to increase the assistance I would try it out just to see if it makes me feel more "easy". ;)

Hit the gym. Before I bought my Mazda I was driving a '91 ranger with manual steering. If I could find a manual rack for my car that I could afford, I'd change it in a heartbeat.

No, there is no way to change the steering ... atleast not an easy way. Maybe somehow bump up the pressure in the power steering pump, but Im grasping at straws.

Don't overlook the pressure in your front tires - if they're low, that'll make it harder to turn.

i know that after alignments in previous cars the feel has changed a little...its been tightened/loosened...not sure what was adjusted, but that may be an option?

I had an A4 previously, the steering was TOO powerful!!!

Sometimes when getting wild on the Malibu canyon roads you would almost over correct yourself right into a wall. haha

I think the steering resistance is just fine. Oh,and in my A4 I actually pulled the fuse that manages the power assistance and was much happier in the end.

i know that after alignments in previous cars the feel has changed a little...its been tightened/loosened...not sure what was adjusted, but that may be an option?

Probably has been the caster angle that made the biggest difference and in deed I am considering adjusting it on my car and see if I feel more comfortable with it.

Back