I Just joined the Mazdaspeed 3 club!!

I picked up a Mazdaspeed3 a couple weeks ago. I have a Solstice GXP and got my tail handed to me by a MS3 at an Autocross. At first, I thought.... how did that little hatchback smoke me... Ok, he was a better driver (first time I had driven the GXP hard). But then, during a 'fun run', he smoked my time with two passengers in the car.. ARRRGGGHHHH.. So, I went home, googled up this Mazdaspeed 'thing, and learned a bit. So, since my daily driver was getting long in the tooth (a 1996 Jaguar Vandenpas with 146K miles.. maint. free believe it or not.)

Found an MSP3 at a nearby dealer, traded the Jag., bought the MSP3 and HAVING A BLAST!!!! 1/3rd the cost. Better performance and one he**ofva good time.

Anyway, here's a couple pics. (this one was a couple hours before painting the calipers)
102_4546.jpg

Here's one proving I married right 23 years ago. Best dang woman I have ever met making sure the brake calipers match her toenails!!!
102_4552.jpg

Still going to be autocrossing the Solstice. Nothing like throwing a convertible around cones. But, I think the MSP3 is going to become a track car/daily driver(lol2). Looking forward to learning a lot from you folks! Scott

Last edited:
haha welcome to the club!! I love that GXP!! Quite frankly, if it wasn't required of me by my job to have a 4 door, i would have been all over that car like a fat kid in a cake eating contest!

What is more funny is the pic of your bride matching the car to her toes!! awesome car and awesome bride..congrats!

Thanks for the welcome guys. This forum has already been a huge help. One thing I was really missing with the Sport MS3 was having a DIS system (MPG, Avg. speed etc) Many thanks to Cosmicms3 for posting the secret to unlocking the trip/fuel consumption display!!!http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123660911

BSTD3, here is a couple shots I just took.
102_4558.jpg

102_4561.jpg

We painted the Solstice calipers too. There were some decals available that really finished the look. Are there any being produced for the Mazdaspeed?

Example of GXP decals (tiny front calipers compared to the MS3)
102_4560.jpg

Last edited:
Back