2008 VW R32!! Ex Mazda owner soon?

MS6S2K

I had my Speed 6 in for service at my local Mazda dealership. They also have Dodge and VW there, and I was looking around. Long story short, they have a new R32 there. I stared at it and walked around it long enough hoping the salesman would come out. I told him my Mazda was in for service, but this is a car I would love to own one day. No test drives of course, but he did have keys and let me sit in it, and we talked it up for a while.

Back in 2004, I almost got the last generation R32, but got an STI instead. I love my Speed 6, but this car has a way about it that just trumps my Speed 6. However, it's an expensive car, and there likely will NEVER be incentives or deals, like I got on my Speed 6 (paid $23500) This car will always be at least 30 grand. Right now it's marked up over MSRP. Ashame, but I hope the car fails like the Speed 6, so they are forced to almost give them away next year. I doubt it will happen, so for now I'm happy with My Speed 6. ;)

It's a nice, fast little car. But VWs are just overpriced. A GTI almost costed me 26K, before I snapped back into conscience and realized I could get better for that same price. It's nice an all, but I just dont see how someone would take you seriously driving that little thing. Unless you put the pedal to metal lol

Must be nice to trade cars like changing your underpants. Sorry dude I'm just jealous. Anyways the R32 is nice car but overpriced. Atleast it will hold its value unlike the MS6. I looked at a first gen R32 and it was still in the high 20Ks used.

Last edited:
^I was thinking the same thing. I did it too, but within a couple years in between.

Why no test drive? Man I've never been denied a test drive in anything. Some strange dealers out there or I just look and approach salesmen with a certain karma. Or my years of experience in working them.....hehe.

Last edited:
^I was thinking the same thing. I did it too, but within a couple years in between.

Why no test drive? Man I've never been denied a test drive in anything. Some strange dealers out there or I just look and approach salesmen with a certain karma. Or my years of experience in working them.....hehe.

^^My ex use to trade cars all the time.

VW wants a deposit before they let anyone drive a R32. They did the samething with the last R32. I would hate going for a nice 4 door sports sedan to a cramped 3 door hatch.

I would not do it because of VW unreliabilty. Been there done that. And it was with a Veedub built in Germany.

Isn't the R32 not only overpriced but overRATED?

Its an awesome car but you can buy other cars for the same price with better performance and handling. Like the MS6, MS3, EVO, STI, and 350z.

Yes its overRATED.

Atleast it will hold its value better then the cars I listed.

^^My ex use to trade cars all the time.

VW wants a deposit before they let anyone drive a R32. They did the samething with the last R32. I would hate going for a nice 4 door sports sedan to a cramped 3 door hatch.

I would not do it because of VW unreliabilty. Been there done that. And it was with a Veedub built in Germany.

Must be dealer specific. I drove an 04 R32 at Bill Britt in virginia with no deposit at all. Just tossed me the keys.

Must be dealer specific. I drove an 04 R32 at Bill Britt in virginia with no deposit at all. Just tossed me the keys.

What did you pull on the lot? I was in a BMW and they still would not let me sit or drive it. That happened twice. I'm not even a tool when I test drive cars. My Nissan and Mazda dealers just throw me the keys to whatever I want to drive.

I simply don't understand people who trade cars in so frequently. I at least hope you've been leasing them.

yeah, MS6S2K is going backwards instead of forward (performance-wise) lol...first he gets an STi, trades it for an MS6, buys an S2K, now an RS2. What's next? trade the RS2 for the new 09 Scion tC? lol
plus the RS2 is like 30 grand!!! just saw that the other day...if somebody told me they are paying that much for that car, I wouldnt know whether to laugh or smack'em upside down.

I was the other day at the gas station, and this 350Z came in to pump gas...straight from the dealer, it had the paper covers on the hood, roof, side doors, no tag...they guy was with the saleman taking it for a drive.......................it was the NISMO 350Z......wow that car looks sick in person!! sounded nice as fck too! It had the inside sticker pasted to the passenger window, with all the features and price. It has a lot of things, mostly track oriented plus the usual bi-xenon, etc etc stuff. It was black.

The dude that wanted to buy it said he talked numbers and he might be paying 680 a month, but we dont know his credit/car history soo...the sticker said 38K..he said they wouldnt lower the price since it was a limited edition and 5000 were made, 1000 came into the US. The dealer had 6 and sold one already. It had the limited edition plate number inside and all with two toned seats (red and black)...pretty nice. The new 07 bulky hood looks badass with the NISMO setup. I fell in love with that car, Im thinking of an EVO IX MR which is closer to my range/reality, but i will swing by Nissan just to talk numbers and see...you never know :D

i like the R32 but like everyone else said it's too expensive. they do maintain their resale though so the initial expense isn't as bad as it seems if you're planning to switch cars again. if it had closer to 300hp it'd be much more desirable for me, as it is it gets a meh

about the nismo 350, $38,000 financed for 60 months at 7% is $752.45/month. he must be putting at least something down and have a decent credit history to get that rate. $34,000 at 7% for 60 months is closer to $680/month so he has to be putting down $4,000 + enough to cover taxes. the 350 is nice but i'd take a lightly used elise instead for $38,000 :)

yeah, the Elise is pretty nice, but its track all the way...not a DD IMO. The NISMO is more of in between. And yeah, i dont know what he was paying/doing, etc.

i'd use an elise as a DD if it wasn't for winter :) it has a toyota engine so it's good for 200,000 miles at least. put some slightly longer wear tires and brake pads on it and it's perfect for a DD

Latest posts

Back