BMW X5 wheels on a CX-7

:
2014 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
So I was driving next to a new '07 BMW X5 4.8i and noticed that its wheels were very similar to the CX-7's. It has the five main spokes that branch off into ten towards the outside of the rim. The only difference is the BMW's wheels have a lot more depth to them and I think look damn cool, so I did a quick photoshop of them onto a CX-7 to see what you guys think about switching out the rims:

Standard CX-7 Wheels:
68546c607e588b3e.jpg

CX-7 with BMW Wheels:
68546c607e50cb40.jpg

IMHO I think that it makes the CX-7 look a lot more aggresive and futuristic.

I like 'em, but the center cap has to be switched/replaced/painted out, something. Don't drive around with Beemer badges on your Mazda, it makes you look like a total poser.

That doesn't look too bad, but def. change out the center caps or you could really snap some necks and replace the CX with an M....M-7?

If I did it I would see if I can make the center cap a Mazda logo. I doubt I'll do it though, like most options with BMW's they are way overpriced. 6 grand for the rims and tires....

There's always ebay, craigslist and junkyards! Don't give up yet....j/k

ewwwww... so close. The CX-7 is 5x114.3 and the BMW is 5x120. Too bad too, you can get those 20 BMW wheels on ebay for about $1000. :(

Could you PS these on the CX-7?

akita-ak1.JPG

I was looking at those the other day on one that was next to me at Best Buy. I think they are 20"s on that X5. You might be able to get them off of ebay by now, but the new 07' design might not have been out long enough yet to start seeing them on there.

ewwwww... so close. The CX-7 is 5x114.3 and the BMW is 5x120. Too bad too, you can get those 20 BMW wheels on ebay for about $1000. :(

Could you PS these on the CX-7?

akita-ak1.JPG

Yeah, no problem. I got some stuff to do, but when I get home later today I will.

Yeah, no problem. I got some stuff to do, but when I get home later today I will.

Thanks a bunch. I don't know how long it takes to do that sort of thing, but could you do these as well, if it doesn't take a long time I mean.

konsta.bos.ang.jpg

Yuk on all of them.

Just my opinion, but I've yet to see rims that look better than the stock ones.

Yuk on all of them.

I like the Konigs a lot. Thanks for the Pchops. I bet the konigs look sweet in person on the vehicle. Fairly inexpensive too, about $200 / wheel.

Yuk on all of them.

I think the BMW's wheels look a lot like the ones they had on the CX-7 Concept, which I think looked really good. Why couldn't those wheels make it to production!!!

mazda-cx-7-732533.jpg

Back