CX-9 Bluetooth Interface Help

Just got a CX-9 and the Bluetooth Interface works differently than any I have previously used.

My question: When hitting the phone button, is there a way to initiate the voice recognition of the phone itself instead of the car's interface? I have 200+ phone number stored in my phone and creating a new entry with voice tag for each is impossible.

All other Bluetooth systems (headsets, Parrot, etc.) would interface this way.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Sorry friend, but I believe the CX-9 Bluetooth system uses its own "phonebook". I've had to re-enter all of my iPhone's address book manually. Not a big deal really. Do it as you drive or sit at stop lights. I know, you've got a big address book, but it's voice entry. Easy!

lazyace13 is correct.
I have the Parrot system in my MazdaSpeed6 that utilizes my Nokia's voice tags while the CX-9 prefers entries in its own phonebook.

Sorry friend, but I believe the CX-9 Bluetooth system uses its own "phonebook". I've had to re-enter all of my iPhone's address book manually. Not a big deal really. Do it as you drive or sit at stop lights. I know, you've got a big address book, but it's voice entry. Easy!
I tried to get the iPhone to link up yesterday. It paired but I couldn't get the car to recognize it to dial out. Also, how do you tell the phone to use the car for hands-free if you dial from the iPhone. Quick primer please?

*If* you successfully paired your iPhone, when pressing the phone button on the steering wheel, the handsfree system will let you know that "(your iPhone's name that you created) is connected." If it does not make this statement, then you might try re-pairing the phone.

On the iPhone, the Mazda handsfree system shows up as "Mazda." When dialing out from the iPhone manually, you should be able to select the audio device you wish to use (built in headset, speakerphone, or Mazda.)

Back