CX-9 Picture Thread

In Kanata (near Ottawa), Ontario, Canada. Fall 2007.

Attachments

• DSC_2266-01_fixed_cropped.jpg
    DSC_2266-01_fixed_cropped.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 738
Last edited:
I see that the US models have the dreaded "woodgrain" highlights. I *HATE* that stuff. Luckily the Australian models have those sections done in "piano black". If it had been woodgrain I would not have bought a CX-9. There have been cars in the past that I have wanted to buy but decided not to based on varying amounts of woodgrain inside the car.

Cars are machines and there is no place for wood, be it real or fake, in a machine.

Great photography there, CX-901 (bowdown)

I have to agree, that the black looks better than woodgrain, but maybe thats just an Aussie thing, these guys probably prefer the woodgrain, each to there own I say.(hahaspit)

CX-9 In The Netherlands

Well here's my CX-9 I imported to The Netherlands (sorry for the lousy pics but I lost my camera):

1.jpg

Here it is Just after it arrived at the dealer, '08 CX9 GT awd, sparkling black mica, black leather interior

2.jpg

And here it is after I installed the roofrails which I had painted silver/brushed alu-look :) Unfortunately on 18" alloy wheels (Anzio) for the snow-tires (glare)

3.jpg

4.jpg

I will try and get some better pics up, but for the moment... this is it!

Hello CX901

The rails are the standard mazda rails. I brought them to a car-painter and he painted them in a silver metallic color that matched the tires and put on a satin finish.

You could try to paint them in chrome-color, that should be possible. Really put chrome on them would even be an option I think. But this did it for me!

I will try to upload a picture later today (dutch time...)

The painted rails look great! I'd be concerned about the paint holding up...but ever since getting ours... I'd felt it'd look better with chrome/alum rails... much like the mercedes or others our size... ( I've the same sparkling black GT )

Well here's my CX-9 I imported to The Netherlands (sorry for the lousy pics but I lost my camera):

My Touring looks the same but with smaller wheels. The mica looks outstanding in the sunlight. The chrone and black interiot look great.

I see that the US models have the dreaded "woodgrain" highlights. I *HATE* that stuff. Luckily the Australian models have those sections done in "piano black". If it had been woodgrain I would not have bought a CX-9. There have been cars in the past that I have wanted to buy but decided not to based on varying amounts of woodgrain inside the car.

Cars are machines and there is no place for wood, be it real or fake, in a machine.
Agreed. One of the reasons we bought a Sport and not one of the Touring models is the trim. LOVE the piano black, HATE the wood. Also, hate leather seats and the blue lighting around the guages (yuk).

The painted rails look great! I'd be concerned about the paint holding up...but ever since getting ours... I'd felt it'd look better with chrome/alum rails... much like the mercedes or others our size... ( I've the same sparkling black GT )
It may be possible to strip the aluminum part of the rails and clear coat it, but the end covers would still be black. Also, painted may not hold up if you clamp crossbars to the rails.

Actually they hold up pretty good.
I attached the oem crossbars and... no sweat!

I had the rails painted at a professional car body shop. They cleaned and primed the whole rack (as it was new it was as clean as possible) and also "sweat" (I don't exactly know the english term for this) the plastic covers to loose the last bit of oily substance used in the moulds to get optimal suture.

Then they painted with professional carpaint (metallic silver (190 b??)) and applied satin finish to it.

End result: looks just like oem alu roofrails from ie a vw passat or peugeot 407 :D

As this is called the "Picture Thread" it would be nice really nice if I could click on here and see some pictures................rather than some discussion about roof racks(huh)

As this is called the "Picture Thread" it would be nice really nice if I could click on here and see some pictures................rather than some discussion about roof racks(huh)

Yeah, the pictures of the rack are ok tho (hi)

This is my 18" winter tire package from tirerack.com - could not find descent replacement for stock 20" size (headshake
Sorry for the quality, taken with phonecam in poor lightning conditions...

76d4f042b8a692891c8250cca848b698.jpg

Here is a couple photos of our CX9

Attachments

• Picture 552.jpg
    Picture 552.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 795
  • Picture 556.jpg
    Picture 556.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 609
  • Picture 557.jpg
    Picture 557.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
Don't Worry Dalton

Almost impossible to keep black Cx-9 clean in nordic winter. Just come back from 3 days skiing in the mountains. Will give it wax and wash tomorrow as well as change back to my 20" summer tires.(drive2)

Back