MS6 Forged shortblock on its way!!

chriscecc914

:
06 MS6
I ordered a forged shortblock today for my MS6. Most of you might remeber the huge thread we had about my motor blowing with the 3076r. New motor will be good to support all the ponies the 3076r has to offer. Now all I need is a clutch and EMS. Im also going to see if there is something i can do about these weak axles and im looking for a fuel solution. Im glad to here that some research is already going into it. Ill keep everyone up to date on the install and everything when i get the motor. I should have it in about 2 weeks. Big props to Ken at protegegarage for hooking me up as fast as possible since I have no car!

mind saying where you buy a "forged shortblock" from? PepBoys? (silly)

mind saying how much cha-ching?

mind saying where you buy a "forged shortblock" from? PepBoys? (silly)

mind saying how much cha-ching?

mind reading the thread? You'll see i gave props to protegegarage. Im not going to share the price because its inlcuding some extras that i needed for the install. Arias forged pistons, pauter rods, new stock crank, new stock block. Basically the only aftermarket mzr engine parts that have been manufactured so far.

Wow, I thought all of those products were still in production. Ken, I would really like you to chime in on this as well. Take some pics when you get it in.

hey pardon me.......I guess I'll have to avoid puttin on a bigger turbo and blowin my engine the same day. (stfu)

hey pardon me.......I guess I'll have to avoid puttin on a bigger turbo and blowin my engine the same day. (stfu)

wow...theres always one on this forum that has to talk sht. It actually blew the next day so get your facts straight. And yes, please avoid...and stay slow bro!

Wow, I thought all of those products were still in production. Ken, I would really like you to chime in on this as well. Take some pics when you get it in.

no the wiseco's are in production but not the arias. A little more expensive but very strong pistons. The pauter rods are available on every site i've checked. Ill def take pictures. I cant wait to see how she runs and how much power she'll make after all is said and done!

once a fuel solution is available im aiming for anything between 400-500whp. It may be a while before i hit that goal because the drivetrain would need some upgrades.

Thanks

That's what i was thinking..b/c the weakest link in this car is the tranny..when people are messin up differentials and stock axels at stock hp..u know that sooner or later..it's gonna go.

-C

So first, you blatantly didn't read the first post of the thread. Then, when it was pointed out to you, you give an immature response like this. Grow up.

Good Luck with everything...as far as aftermarket axles, maybe give raxles a shot??

I know they have made good strong axles for the sr20 community (me being a former sr20 guy myself) but they weren't cheap. However, in this game of modifying cars...everything has a price tag.

Let us know how it all works out for you.

-Brian

Good Luck with everything...as far as aftermarket axles, maybe give raxles a shot??

I know they have made good strong axles for the sr20 community (me being a former sr20 guy myself) but they weren't cheap. However, in this game of modifying cars...everything has a price tag.

Let us know how it all works out for you.

-Brian

03/04 Cobra guys as well use em.(headbang)

03/04 Cobra guys as well use em.(headbang)

I noticed in that other thread one of Ed Bergenholtz's sponsors is "Moore Performance Nitro Axles"

Never heard of em as I'm new to Mazdas and I'm sure they'd cost alot more. Anyone heard of them and know if they offering their products to the public?

I'm gonna give raxles a shout...

-B

Sorry for the OT...

I spoke to Marty @ Raxles. He said if the demand for the Speed3/6 was there they would start looking into it, although they eventually will look into it regardless. You and I both know that there has to be a demand for them to take any further steps.

I dunno how bad the demand for them will be once people start upping the power on the ms6 and ms3 but if comes to that these guys are awesome to deal with.

So everybody, give Marty a shout and bother him @ 888-257-8192 and tell him you DEMAND a set of Raxles for the Speed3/6...hehe.

-B

this is awesome news! hopefully by the time you get it all put together the fuel problem will be all figured out, it sounds to me like they are getting quite close. i can't wait to see what kind of numbers you'll be putting down at a track(10)

i'll gladly take any questions ... here are some teaser shots ...

Attachments

• DSC02871.JPG
    DSC02871.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC02870.JPG
    DSC02870.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC02868.JPG
    DSC02868.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 250
Back