Transmission drain and fill plugs

BoostedSpd6

Contributor
:
MazdaSpeed 6
Hey does anyone know which bolts are the drain and fill plugs on the transmission on the speed 6, ive heard of alot of u guys running the MT-90 fluid and i bought some and its due in tomorrow.. i was wondering if any of the guys who have put this in could help me out...if so then im going to put a thread in the how to section about how to change ur transmission fluid since up to the date its not in there and id be glad to do a write up on it..thanks guys.

Attached are pictures of the transmission, transfer case (PTO), and rear differential.

Make sure you take off the fill bolt first. (Highest bolt)

I believe the transmission bolts are 23mm. The drain plug on the transmission requires the use of a box wrench.

You'll want to change the crush gaskets for each of the bolts (plugs).

The part numbers are 99564-1800, and A601-17-117 (or 50501-000). These are cheap insurance, and should not be reused.

BTW, the crush gaskets for the oil pan is 99564-1400 ($1EA.) and should be changed with each oil change.

Redline is a popular brand, Motul, and Royal Purple are solid as well. Motul being the best.

MT90 -Transmission - 2.69 qt.
75W-90 -Transfer Case(PTO) - 1.3 qt.
75W-90 -Differential - 1.1 qt.

Rosenthal Arlington Mazda is a great place to order your parts. They have a 10 pack deal with oil filters that comes with the canister wrench! Fast shipping!

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda6/maintenance.html

Attachments

• MT.jpg
    MT.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Rear_diff.jpg
    Rear_diff.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,210
  • Transfer.jpg
    Transfer.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,356
Last edited:
ok i got it and marked both of them...these part numbers ur giving me...can i purchase the gaskets at autozone or? thanks for the help once im done with this whole thing ill be post a how to on it.

The part numbers are Mazda part numbers. You have to get them at a Mazda dealer.

the transmission drain and fill plugs are 24mm. and it came out great..im doing a write up in how to tonight.

Back