2006 Mazda 3 - Aftermarket deck install

mjj

I have been to 3 car stereo shops now. Two of them said that I will not be able to use my factory Bose amp and they would have to charge me an extra $100 to wire up the new factory deck (bypassing the bose amp). The third shop told me that it would be no problem to use the factory amp since they had an adaptor. So, I scheduled the install and took the car in today.

I got a call a few hours later and was told that they cannot install the deck because the LCD screen plugs directly into the factory deck. If I use the aftermarket deck, then the LCD screen would no longer work.

Is this true??? I dont want to have to buy the factory iPod adaptor, and I dont want to buy an iPod. I just want to use a USB thumb drive with .WAV files and have it hard wired for zero loss in sound quality.

Anyone have ideas...I am seriously pissed and at a loss! Why would Mazda make it so freaking difficult to replace the factory deck???

I dont really care about losing the clock, mpg, etc., but losing the temp controls now too? Basically having a blank LCD??

Crutchfield.com says I will just lose the clock...

They also do not mention anything about the Bose amp...they simply have a wiring kit. Will I lose the Bose amp if I install this thing myself?

Has anyone with the Bose sound system and no navigation features replaced their deck in a 2006 Mazda 3?

Latest posts

Back