07 vs 08

cariengon

Is there any disadvantage of purchasing the '07 vs the '08? I just had my '07 come in and now my husband is telling me that I should wait for the '08 because it's dumb for me to buy a car at the end of the season, as you will lose alot in the market value.

The only difference I see in the '08 is the engine - everything else is the same. The price difference is that the dealer is telling me that they're not sure that the S-Plan will be accepted on the '08 and that is a pretty big difference. Plus the incentive interest rates are much better than if I go through my credit union...

I'm getting ready to go to the dealer now to look at the GT AWD that I had on order to make my final decision. I keep hearing that my final price before Taxes & Title is about $37k. I have the GT Touring Assist package and Towing package & DVD system. I'll be adding quite a few more options that will probably put me back at $40k.

It's nice to see the pricing on here so I can be a little hardball.

But I would like to hear back to help myself feel better about the purchase. My sister works at a Mazda dealership and has heard that there are some transmission issues. When I asked the dealer I'm working with, he said there were just a few cars that have come back for issues that were easily fixed.

Any feedback??

I was trying to make the same decision, and went withthe 07 because of the financing. I figured the financing is saving me about $3000. We tend to keep our cars about 8 years, and if you look at bluebook on an 8 year old suv and a 7 year old suv with the same number of miles, the difference isn't much. Here in Houston, we have a dealer willing to go 1% over invoice on all 07's. That deal and the financing finalized our decision. We bought our '07tonight.

Pickin' up my '07 GT AWD Thursday!

"If you always wait for the next wave, you never get to surf..." :cool:

Brother, ain't it the truth. I was going to wait for an '08, but I found an '07 GT AWD in my color today at a dealer in the Midwest. The dealer just got it in and it had no mileage. GT Assist, Towing, Bose/Moonroof, Homelink and wheel locks. $37,000 out the door. $39,620 MSRP. My brother-in-law lives in that town so I bought a $97 one-way plane ticket using Orbitz, free room and board at the inlaws, and I leave Thursday morn. The dealer is picking me up at the airport and will have the car all detailed and a full tank of fuel for my return drive to Florida Friday morning. My Credit Union financed 100% for 72 mo @5.9%. It doesn't get any better than that! Bada Bing! If you find what you want, just go for it!

So I went to look at the car I ordered and ended up taking it home an hour later. And it was because of the incentives. I paid $37k in total. Biggest bummer is the add-on's. It'd be nice if they told you that it was the cost plus an additional amount for installation. The Sirius is the biggest bummer. You have to buy that and a switching box. The total cost is over $1,000 just to install. My dealer wasn't willing to give me anything :(

Back