warped rotors

fuglymonkie

:
MSP
well at the title says i have warped rotors. its not a problem with me to get it fixed since i can get it done for free. but i like to do a little bit of mountain runs. so i was thinking about getting some cross drilled, slotted or combination of both. my main concern is that if they warp i must buy new ones. so any help would be appreciated.

i bought EBC slotted with green pads... the bite of the pads wear off quickly as they got hot... got for some Red stuff / ceramic pads.. they bite less when cold but get alot better when hot.

another thing, if you can live with noisy rotors, get slotted.. my EBC are noisy.. at times they sound like i have spiked winter tires on tarmac.. i took them off like 5-6 times ( all 4) to find what was wrong.. and although i was missing the little V-springs in the rear, the noise is still there.. other than that they brake like crazy

but,i dont think the slotting justifies the noise of the performance.. you just get LESS braking surface... dont get me wrong, there good, but i can tell you next time, there still gonna be EBC rotors, but there gonna be plain.. not slotted.

Fr0st

just wondering if there are any thoughts on Centric Blank Black E-Coated Rotors. i might go with plain ones cause im still afraid of the cross drilled slotted getting warped. im not too worried about the noise i can live with that since im already running catless.

Centric makes quality rotors. Drop some coin and have your rotor (and pads) cryo treated. You will never experience warp again ...

Back