New CX-7 FWD GT Owner (Brilliant Black)

I love it.

I have a quick question though with regards to the "Turbo Lag" computer flash. The production date of my car was late '06 (I believe October).

Should I assume that the dealer did NOT update this via the latest software?

Also is there a list of what exactly the latest software is?

Thanks

If the dealer did it there should be a little sticky thing on your driver side door jam. Mine was built in 12/06 and it doesn't have it done through the factory, so unless yours has the sticker on the door jam. I doubt its been done

Sticker in Door Jamb

Actually, although the dealers are supposed to put a sticker in the door jamb after they perform a TSB, they rarely do. So having a sticker or not having one is not indicative of whether a TSB was performed or not.

In fact, I have had several TSB's done and not a one sticker in my door jamb. I have been to two separate Mazda dealers as well so neither is doing what they are supposed to.

I actually asked one dealer why they didn't put a sticker in the jamb after the Turbo Lag TSB was performed (just to let other Mazda technicians know in case I ever took the car to another dealer) and they said "oh, no dealer does that anymore." Oh well.

Print out all the TSBs on the CX7

Read them and see which apply to your VIN number.

Take those that apply with your car down to the dealer and get them to do those fixes that apply

Gas Cap
Lower Door Seals
ECU reflash
TCU reflash
A/C stopping when temps go over 100 degrees.

Can someone explain what the situation is with the :

- Gas Cap
- Lower Door Seals

also, please forgive my "noobiness" but what do the acronyms stand for:

TSB
ECU
TCU

Thanks!

Last edited:
Here's what I know...Gas cap has had some issues and some were replaced cuz it triggers the engine light. If you do not tighten your gas cap it can trigger the light but just check it and no need to go to dealer...should go off in a few days(so many miles...can't remember how many). Lower doors seals allow dirt to be be splashed back up around the lower inside of door panels...mine are dirty alot so I have to see if I can get the fix. TSB=Technical Service bulletins ECU= Electronic computer update TCU=Technical Computer update?? Hope this helps!

Reading the TSB's, they talk of reprogramming the PCM (power control module) and TCM (transmission control module), just to add more acronyms to the mix.

Is worth doing, IMO. Power application from start is much smoother; mine was originally first 1/4 inch=nothing, next 1/4 inch=zoom, managable but could be a real PITA when making left turns with two lanes of slow-moving traffic, and some other situation. And the annoying surge on the highway is gone.

Back