In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda3 Base Model - Adding Power Windows and Locks

Registered Member

alrighty lol sorry I said that just I had figured your activity dropped since 2007 so :/, What is the proper way for getting the rubber hose with the harness that connects to the side of the dash? The rubber seems extra extra extra tight... and lastly were you able to stick the rubber back in?

Registered Member

Picture: Electric Life 5010-10-095 door blanking plug for Door Card Trim Panel

Window Crank Hole covered by Electric Life 5010-10-095 door blanking plug. Used a metal fender washer from Menards on the backside recess.

IMG00030-20100905-1637.jpg

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by itstillruns View Post
    alrighty lol sorry I said that just I had figured your activity dropped since 2007 so :/, What is the proper way for getting the rubber hose with the harness that connects to the side of the dash? The rubber seems extra extra extra tight... and lastly were you able to stick the rubber back in?
    The rubber is attached around the connector. Get under the base of the rubber and push away from the center and away from the connection.

The other end has 5 connectors attaching the plastic to the door. Disconnect the 4 you can reach with a long flatblade screwdriver. Then push the backside away from you and away from the door.

Registered Member

Mazda 3 2010

I have read so many entries about not being able to install after market power door locks, I have gone about crazy. The bottom line is this. If you have all that cash sitting around that you can afford to purchase OEM power door locks then go for it. If you are not a person that can look at something and figure it out then stay away from it. I have looked into after market door locks and found that with minor modification you can put after market door locks on a Mazda 3.

Several notes here:
    1. Front doors do not come with wiring for power door locks. My kit had 5 wires that had to be run since there were no switches or power door actuators in the doors. Try and run the wiring through the original harness and you're in for some real fun. Easier way there is another plug that can be opened below the original harness that I used for my front doors. A little silicon after the wire it through and its sealed. No problem...

2. The plastic liner that is in the door can be modified so that the actuator can be connected to the locks. Again if you cannot think outside the box, go get some corn flakes, this is not for you. I watched a video of an person installing power windows in a car that did not come with them. He cut through some metal and welded a trough to allow the regulator to get to the manual crank. Looking at mine I figured that I could easily modify the plastic with a similar cut to allow the actuator to line up with the cable. Easier to cut liner than metal and easy to seal back up as a moisture barrier.

3. I took some 16 gauge sheet metal and cut a 2.5 X 10 inch strip to mount everything on to keep it in alignment. Mounted that to the plastic liner and connected the wires and actuator to the cable. Again very easy.

4. I removed the glove box to get access to the wiring. It made it easy for me and it is only held with 2 philip screws. The actual glove box is just snapped in as well as the door to the glove box.

5. Wiring was straight forward and didn't require a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Now it ready for a remote starter/security/keyless entry.
    Last edited by Tale Gunner; 04-14-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Registered Member

Mazda 3 Base Model Sedan

Hey can you give any more information would like to do this to my 07 mazda 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12