Strange issue with AUX jack

bushrat

:
07 Cosmic Blue MS3
So my MS3 came with Sirius and I just installed the Mazda switch box today so I could use my aux jack. Everything works perfect except for one thing. The audio coming in from my AUX jack changes volume based on the speed of the vehicle. ALC is off. It does it whether or not the MP3 player is plugged in to the power. I have a ground loop isolator for when it is plugged in. Sirius, which also goes through the switch box does not change volume. It's not that bad, just a little annoyance.

Anyone have any ideas?

that is strange i would take it to the dealer and say uhhh WTF??? my radio has a mind of its own...

I swear mine is doing this also with the ALC off. At times I think it gets louder on the freeway but then at times I think I am crazy.

I wonder if some how the ground loop does this to filter more noise cause I have one too and notice the same thing, I think?

I checked it without the isolator. Same deal.

Whitey, do you have the switch installed as well?

Afraid thats a hidden Mazda 'feature'. For some reason you can't turn off ALC from the AUX input, mine is the same way.

I have the plug and play from sirius through the AUX jack so maybe thats why my base sounds like s*** on it vs the CD player.

No the bass sounds like s*** because satelite radio isn't near the same sound quality as a CD. I have noticed this in every car I've heard satelite radio in. A CD sounds beter then the FM radio too. XM is much better then FM quality but still not as good as CD.

Oh well thats why I buy the songs I really like on Itunes so I can hear it bump on the CD but listen to sirius for variety.

My aux jack sounds great, just as good as CD. Sirius, not so much. The mazda switching box restores full functionality to the radio, the way it should have been from day one.

Just got a Mazda 3. My iPod works with the Aux jack and a two-male-end connecting cord, BUT some of the songs (copied from CDs, even) sound terrible. I played with the EQ settings on the iPod but nothing helped. Played on another set of speakers, the same songs sound great. What's up with the Auz jack connection? Also, I get engine noise when using my XM radio through the Aux jack. Any help would be great! Thanks.

So my MS3 came with Sirius and I just installed the Mazda switch box today so I could use my aux jack. Everything works perfect except for one thing. The audio coming in from my AUX jack changes volume based on the speed of the vehicle. ALC is off. It does it whether or not the MP3 player is plugged in to the power. I have a ground loop isolator for when it is plugged in. Sirius, which also goes through the switch box does not change volume. It's not that bad, just a little annoyance.

Anyone have any ideas?

The reason your volume keeps going up and down with ALC off is because of the Audiopilot technology in your Bose system. Check the link.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/automotive/innovations/audiopilot.jsp

Okay, a better quality cable took care of the iPod problem. But I'm still getting engine noise on my XM Roady radio connected through the Mazda 3 aux port. Anybody have any suggestions that do not involve wiring in something? Thanks.

Ground loop isolator. Radioshack has them or you can buy them online. Cheap and easy, works perfect.

It worked!

I ordered the ground loop isolator from Crutchfields. It just came and it works perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion!

Anyone have any ideas?

I thought I might be crazy until I found this thread...I definitely noticed mine doing this. (lol2)

Back