JDM Tail Light Bulb Sizes?

I think they are the same as stock p5 ones. I got mine from corksport and it was plug and play. So they should be the same (note i did not replace my bulbs the harnesses fit the same i just swapped old with new)

I know they are plug and play. I have them installed on my car already. I want to know if the bulbs are all the same size as oem (per the definitive bulb size thread http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21636).

Let me ask again. Are the bulbs in the JDM tails that I purchased the same as the ones listed below?:

Rear turn signal
992 (7440A)

Tail light

Stop light

Back up light

Not to be a dick, but if they are plug and play, you already know what sizes they are. That is why no one is responding to this thread. Yes, those are the right sizes.

Good luck installing and post pictures!

OK Thanks. I just wanted to be sure before I spent $50 on bulbs. I definitely need to get her washed before I get some pics up.

Well just as an update, the bulbs in the JDM tails are NOT the same as the OEM tails. I went to buy bulbs yesterday going by the what sylvania said for the OEM tails and none of them worked. Here is what I found:

Brake Light: 1157
Reverse Light: 1156
Turn Signal: 1156
Parking Light: 194? (I didn't change it but that's what it looks like)

hey.

While you went through the trouble of swapping tail lights... all bulbs are marked.

All you had to do is pull one of each bulb out of the socket, which you already had sitting there in your hands. And read the number printed on side.

This is true with all automotive series light bulbs. It could have saved you some time, at least you know for next time

Matt

So, are you saying that the 1157, 1156 and 194?'s worked on the JDM's? Or not?

Yes those are the ones that work.

hey.

While you went through the trouble of swapping tail lights... all bulbs are marked.

All you had to do is pull one of each bulb out of the socket, which you already had sitting there in your hands. And read the number printed on side.

This is true with all automotive series light bulbs. It could have saved you some time, at least you know for next time

Matt

Matt, I already thought of that, but the bulbs are printed with the european bulb designations. P21W, PY21W, P21/5W, etc. I had to look up the equivalents and then buy the correct bulbs. Thanks, though!

Edit: I also forgot to say that these tails were purchased from ebay and made by DEPO, and NOT OEM Mazda parts, but DEPO is a very well known brand of aftermarket lighting products, and the fitment is perfect.

Last edited:
Back