!!Trouble code help please!!

Auto Rage

:
02 Pro 5 and 01 MP3
while driving down the road mil light came on and scanned for codes, two codes first one was p0421 and second p0660. any one know what would cause these codes, first one is warm up cat below threshold and the second is intake man tuning control CKT open (bank 1)

Google is your friend

p0421: Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

p0660: This one doesnt seam to exist. Maybe you didnt reat it correctly

Google is your friend

p0421: Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

p0660: This one doesnt seam to exist. Maybe you didnt reat it correctly

yeah googled these already, but didnt really mean any thing to me as far as what is causing these codes. from what i can find the p0660 codes has something to do with the vics not sure though.

that code means you have a bad pre cat. i know that from experience since it has happens to me. i got pulled over the first day i had installed my turbo kit and since i live in california, i had to take everything out and go to a state referee and pass smog. i had that CEL code before i installed the turbo kit but since i had to get my car smogged, i had to buy a new pre cat and now the CEL is gone and i passed the smog test. if you are interested on buying a new pre cat, i found it half the price from this web site www.convertergeek.com.

hope this helps

that code means you have a bad pre cat. i know that from experience since it has happens to me. i got pulled over the first day i had installed my turbo kit and since i live in california, i had to take everything out and go to a state referee and pass smog. i had that CEL code before i installed the turbo kit but since i had to get my car smogged, i had to buy a new pre cat and now the CEL is gone and i passed the smog test. if you are interested on buying a new pre cat, i found it half the price from this web site www.convertergeek.com.

hope this helps
hey thanks ill check it out, buy the way im looking for that rear wing you have know a place i can pick one up. thx

I have these 2 check engine codes too after installing my turbo Kit

I know one cat is missing for the first check engine but can the second code P0660 be related with the first one??

P0660: Intake tuning valve circuit / Open

I Think it's the circuit that opens the Vics butterflies according to what I read.

Since the butterflies closes when the catalyst is cold and inefficient. Is this malfunction caused by the missing cat?????
??

Back