Which Phones have you been able to connect to the CX-9 via Bluetooth?

Hi all. This is my first post.

I had no problems linking my Blackberry Storm to my CX-9. However, when I try to import my phone book I get errors.

My husbands phone and phone book went in with no problems.

My Samsung Epix (ATT) paired and worked easily for 3 weeks, then just stopped. I deleted and tried to re-pair, but it will not accept a PIN no matter how many times I try and with different PINs. I've been careful to enter actual numbers vs. letters (phone function key). Any ideas??

My Samsung Epix (ATT) paired and worked easily for 3 weeks, then just stopped. I deleted and tried to re-pair, but it will not accept a PIN no matter how many times I try and with different PINs. I've been careful to enter actual numbers vs. letters (phone function key). Any ideas??

Did you get any software updates for your phone by chance?

No, not that I am aware of. I don't think automatic updates are performed without my knowing - unlike Microsoft :)

Nokia N73 pairs, Bluetooth audio works, but can not download phonebook and make (nor recieve) calls.

Bought the new Sprint HTC Hero yesterday--replaced my Palm Centro. It paired just fine, and works great.

problem pairing phones

I succesfully paired a nokia e63 to my 09 cx9 gt w/o nav, but after a week when I got back in the car, the bluetooth system couldn't find the phone. now whenever I try and access the bluetooth menu it randomly exits out and goes back to the radio or whatever audio function I was on. I've tried pairing the e63 and a 2760, but no matter what I do the bluetooth keeps exiting out. If it does get to the pairing part, it just says "pairing" for about 10 seconds and then exits out, but it often doesn't even get this far.

I just went out to the car and tried making sure the audio system was off, no luck. I then tried the voice training and I couldn't even get through the first phrase before the system exited out. Sometimes as soon as I hit the talk button I just immediately hear the exit beep and I'm kicked out. this thing is terrible.

Last edited:
Changing/pairing a new phone

I may upgrade my phone soon, and I have some Qs on the procedure. I skimmed a few of the posts in here, and I think I first have to "unpair" my existing phone, then re-pair the new one. Is this correct?

Also, the new phone in question would be a Samsung Solstice - anyone paired this phone to their 9 successfully yet?

Thanks all.

It's fairly an easy process. My wife got a new cell phone (from a Nokia to a Motorola) and all I did was delete her Nokia and added the Motorola. The Samsung Solstice should be just as easy to pair with the CX9 and should pair without any problem since it has the latest Bluetooth software.

Tried Nokia 8800 Carbon Arte and it does not work with Mazda's bluetooth. The phone is paired and the navi screen shows battery and signal strength, but the calls cannot be made or received. When making or receiving a call, the phone says "transferring to Mazda" but there is no connection between the car and the phone. I cannot hear anything unless I disconnect the connection with Mazda. If anybody had a similar issue and solved it, please let me know.

Several Blackberrys and Motorolas worked just fine.

Has anyone tried the new Verizon Palm Pre Plus?

I just signed for the CX-9 and will be picking tomorrow. We also just got the Palm Pre Plus. I noticed on Mazda's site, there are a couple exceptions listed with the Sprint Palm Pre (call waiting and receive contact do not work).

Not sure if it will be different with the Verizon Palm Pre Plus. Also, just upgraded to the new version of the OS, which added a bunch of features (video recording/editing, etc.), so not sure if that will affect bluetooth.

Has anyone tried the new Verizon Palm Pre Plus?

I just signed for the CX-9 and will be picking tomorrow. We also just got the Palm Pre Plus. I noticed on Mazda's site, there are a couple exceptions listed with the Sprint Palm Pre (call waiting and receive contact do not work).

Not sure if it will be different with the Verizon Palm Pre Plus. Also, just upgraded to the new version of the OS, which added a bunch of features (video recording/editing, etc.), so not sure if that will affect bluetooth.

I just got back from the Mazda dealer and played with the bluetooth in the 2010 Sport. I have a Sprint Pre, and it paired just fine. The voice prompts are easy and it understood my deep voice.

But I couldnt figure out if the stock radio has A2DP audio streaming. I only had a few moments, and didnt go through enough menus to find out if it was possible. If anyone has any insight, please let me know. This may be enough of a reason to buy the 2010 (I have an '07 Sport that is nearing the end of its lease) or go elsewhere.

Back