Which Phones have you been able to connect to the CX-9 via Bluetooth?

Our iphone 3G works great. I also have to delete all old paired one.

Can you make calls from your iphone 3g that go thru the car?
When I make a call from the phone it takes forever for the bluetooth to pick up and play thru the car. Making voice calls and answering incoming work great. Thanks for any tips.

We are not having any luck at all pairing the wife's new Motorola Z9. It's just not finishing the pairing process.

Can you make calls from your iphone 3g that go thru the car?
When I make a call from the phone it takes forever for the bluetooth to pick up and play thru the car. Making voice calls and answering incoming work great. Thanks for any tips.

When you make calls from the phone the bluetooth won't come on until the call is answered on the other end. I have had 4 different phones connected and same thing with all of them incl my iphone.

My Motorola E815 works great and sounds great.

But has anyone ever had their audio system lock up after ending a call? It has happened to me three times now. It's like it's still in telephone mode (volume can only adjust up to 14), but no amount of button pushing will allow the radio to come back on. The only solution I have found is to "reboot" the car.

Last edited:
My Motorola E815 works great and sounds great.

But has anyone ever had their audio system lock up after ending a call? It has happened to me three times now. It's like it's still in telephone mode (volume can only adjust up to 14), but no amount of button pushing will allow the radio to come back on. The only solution I have found is to "reboot" the car.

Yes! I had this problem one day. I thought I blew out the electronics on the audio system somehow. It seemed like it had hung-up the connection, but the audio system didn't realize the call had gone away.

I was driving along the highway and "rebooting" the car wasn't an option at the time. I think I ended up after about 20 minutes making another call (trying to diagnose the problem) when the system realized a new call was being made and started the call again. When I hung-up this time, the audio was back to normal.

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of making another call from the cell phone. I couldn't do anything through the car itself, but the phone may have worked. I'll try that, should it happen again.

For future reference, you can reboot while on the highway. Just be sure to shift into neutral first. :)

No connection issues

Connected until now : iPhone, Motorola rzr 3, Blackberry 8100 Pearl, and a Nextel Motorola 6210i.
Works great and what i love most....there is no ringing until somebody picks up your call and then my music stops and i can have a call....Great.No bluetooth lag !

My iPhone 3G connected fairly easily and has worked pretty well. One time my wife's phone rang and it rang through the car, even though we hadn't paired it. Must be looking at some identifier that doesn't distinguish different units.

I haven't tried uploading the address book and not sure that I will, but our saleswoman told us it's problematic and doesn't usually work.

my cx 9 is a good girl

devices connected so far:
blackberry pearl 8100,
motorola razr v3 ,
palm treo 650,
sendo x,
iphone 3 g on t-mobile

I have been able to pair my G1 android sucessfully. Took me a minute to realize I needed to accept the pairing on the phone screen.

Judging on The-9's post I guess you can import the phone book? Must be in one of the couple of manuals I did not recieve with my car.

Back